Whining!!!

warringtonjack

No, not me, the car is whining like a good un. Started all of a sudden, whilst stood at roundabout, loud whining noise (sounds like the power steering pump on full lock) that seems to be coming from the front right wheel. Dashboard lit up the yellow antilock light and the red battery light. Managed to drive fairly normally back home, but the noise is definitely still there, and it aint right!! Could it be an abs prob??

Any ideas are gratefully received.

warringtonjack

Just had another check, car still whining like fook. Also a strong smell of burning from the alternator area. :( Guess you were right mate. So, how much for a new alternator these days?? :(

Shaun

:D Hi mate,just had the same thing happen on my bro's car,only his turned out to be the crankpulley :wink: Just double check to make sure the pulley hasnt seperated :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
alternator bearing most likely, causing the belt to be burning on the pulley as the puley starts going slower. See if you can find a place that can rebuild it.

antgtir

Fast Guy said:
alternator bearing most likely, causing the belt to be burning on the pulley as the puley starts going slower. See if you can find a place that can rebuild it.
If this is the case then i would replace the belt too mate. Goodluck.

Ant.