Which wheels???

Gaz88

Im looking at buying wheels for my R in the next week or 2 and have it narrowed down to two sets. Both are rota wheels and both are the grid type wheel. Its going to be one of these wheels as i think the fitment will make the car real aggressive looking. The question is, to dish or not to dish?? Anybody have these fitted or seen them fitted to an R before??

Grid drift
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop...d=75&rangeid=2&product=Grid+Drift+15in+-+17in

Grid V
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=49&rangeid=2&product=Grid-V

houghy_1

In my opinion I'd say the grid drift in a 17 would look good or if it's the grid v I'd say go 15", a bit of a stock jap style look.
I know that's not one or the other bit just my thoughts :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd go drifts in 16", that gives you room for biggish brakes if you want and a sensible tyre. Check that the centre hole is big enough as I think most of the car it list might be smaller. Ours is 59.1mm

Gaz88

If i was going for grid drift i was going to keep 16 with a nice 50 profile tyre for that jap racing look but i plan on putting hi spec 4 pots on in the near future so i would have to go for the 16 in grid v and id probably stretch the tyre slightly on them as i think it would suit the dish. Its just the decision of which wheel to choose is the hard part lol.

Gaz88

I didn't know that Fast Guy, Thanks for the heads up. Im a new R owner so not fully sure of all the ins and outs yet. But yeah i had planned on going 16 minimum to allow bigger brakes. I have 17s on at the mo and they're rubbing like a bitch. I bought coilovers for it last week so once i fit them and the 16s it should be sweet.

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
50 series might be abit much. Assuming 205 or 215, that's a lot bigger diameter than standard, you might rub under compression on bumpy roads. I'd go for a 45 max, maybe a 40. Not sure if a 205/40 would be comfortable on an 8" rim.

Gaz88

As soon as i decide what rim i want ill look into tyre options more. At first i was leaning towards the grid drift and then the grid v, now i just dont know what i want.

Gaz88

I bit the bullet and bought the grid v. They are a nice wide wheel with a nice offset which gives the car a real aggressive look imo. I have coilover being fitted at the mo along with a few more goodies under the bonnet. Big brakes next!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Jon Olds

Got some 7*15 Rota's and some soft silverstone assym trackday tyres with (prob) a trackday left in em. SR6. £250 for 4.
Jon