which plugs?

john4688

after the problems im having and beeing surgested that new plugs are a good idea what plugs would you recomend? im currently using the NGK BCR8ES and my spec is

fully forged lump
gt3071r at 1.2 bar
apexi power fc
and other surporting things

also which heat range?

Smo

I'm surprised you're having issues with those plugs - I'm using the BCR8ES in my car (400bhp 2.2 stroker @ 1.7bar) and they're doing a good job. What sort of mileage have you done on them? Have you pulled them to see the condition (black, white)?

john4688

i havnt done any miles on them yet we put the new engine in and turbo and its got real bad miss fire at 2000rpm those were brand new

stumo

If you're fouling at low revs while you map it then get some 6's, they should help to stop fouling BUT don't go boosting it or you might melt the electrode :doh:

Once you've got the idle and low speed cruise done then change to the 8's and you shouldn't have the fouling prob you originally had.

john4688

ok so the bcr8es are fine to use! They said theve got the base map done. This may sound stupid but i take it the number in that code is the heat range?

darkyGTI-R

I never set the gap and car runs fine with no issues on the 8s been like that for about 6months now on a daily:)