which petrol

M

mickrach

hi there, does it matter which petrol you put in. i put super unleaded in but can you use normal unleaded? if so whats the outcome.

GTiR_Mic

When I am going a long drive in the R I would put normal unleaded in but don't go racing about with it. For any other driving I will use Shell V Power or Esso 97ron.

Mic

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
mickrach said:
hi there, does it matter which petrol you put in. i put super unleaded in but can you use normal unleaded? if so whats the outcome.
You should really use the search option as this topic has been covered a million times :doh:

A Jap spec Pulsar is timed to run on their 100 octane fuel.

A UK Sunny is timed to run on our normal 95 ron unleaded.

That's why the Pulsars are rated at 227bhp and the Sunny is rated at 220bhp.

If your Pulsar has not been timed to run on normal unleaded,the safest option is to use super unleaded at all times until you get it timed for running with 95ron unleaded.

You can get the timing set for it to run on super which will give you somewhere between 220 and 227 bhp but will cost a fair bit more in petrol.

If you don't know if the ignition timing has been adjusted,stick with the super until you can get it altered.

If the ignition timing has been altered so that it can run on 95 ron unleaded,you will get no power benefit putting super in.

Please guys,don't let this ancient thread go on for pages and pages by replying to it :thumbsup:

GINGA

mickrach said:
Is it really worth risking blowing up your engine to save £2 a tankfull :roll: