Which Flywheel?

CruiseGTi-R

alright lads, I’m on the hunt for the last few parts for my rebuild (said that a few times…)

I’m going for an RPS Max Street clutch, only cos I can’t be arsed to research clutches and I know Jim and Dooie run em :-D .

Do I get the Fidanza flywheel or CYN-RG one? Do both fit the RPS clutch without pissing about making holes bigger :roll: ?

Lastly, who does the best packages for RPS and Fidanza. Do I have to use SRB??

Cheers, toby

gunmetalgtir

I wouldn't recommod an RPS clutch, total and utter p1sh! One of the worst designed clutches out there. Just more or less a standard disc with the heavist pressure plate possible.

SRB! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't buy anything from them! They are a total and utter joke! Sold me dodgy goods and refused to refund my money, long story and they were complete w8nkers about it!!

Braveheart

I bought the CYN-RG flywheel but the locating pin on the flyweel was a larger diameter than the hole on the GB mountion. The garage did not want to use a hand drill to enlarge the hole and put the OE fw back on.
SRB toook it back without any quibbling TBO.

MINESGTIR

ive a HKS flywheel from a 200sx.. machined the bolt holes slightly larger and perfect fit !
(works very well with my HKS GD PRO clutch....

P

pulsarboby

i got a fidanza off davey red r on this site which il be fitting, very light and should do the trick nicely.
think there all much the same really, toda also do a good one i believe.

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:
ive a HKS flywheel from a 200sx.. machined the bolt holes slightly larger and perfect fit !
(works very well with my HKS GD PRO clutch....
s13 one not the same bolt pattern?

MINESGTIR

S14 clutch and flywheel, the bolts were a tiny bit smaller so we machined them slightly bigger. DIRECT fit after that..

Hks want: £1500 for the GD PRO clutch & £450 for the flywheel.

EBAY £700 PAIR BRAND NEW !!!!!

its such a good clutch, was a rare oppertunity of course... its a triple plate i think as it jangles when depressed...

it was a 5 min job to get it to fit... can hold down 500 bhp too... just need the quaiffe.. .lol

P

pulsarboby

it doesnt look like its been modded or drilled and im running an rps paddle clutch.
pm davey red r as it came from his car, so he could tell you more about its fitment, but it fits fine on my crank and the rps bolts up very nicely!

davey red.r

why not get giken twin plate, has its own flywheel bout 12lbs lighter than standard,have it fitted to mine with quaiffe box its lighter than i thought it would be on the pedal ,no complaints yet ,and you get used to the metal to metal contact on pulling away, key is to let the clutch up quick as possible on gearchange plus the plates are bout 300 to replace,once every 20,000 ,depends on her abuse;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the Cyn-R-Gy flywheel and RPS clutch fitted. I wasn't informed of any problems fitting them, so I assume all was OK.

It is a heavy clutch, but you get used to it eventually.

Keira

davey red.r said:
why not get giken twin plate, has its own flywheel bout 12lbs lighter than standard,have it fitted to mine with quaiffe box its lighter than i thought it would be on the pedal ,no complaints yet ,and you get used to the metal to metal contact on pulling away, key is to let the clutch up quick as possible on gearchange plus the plates are bout 300 to replace,once every 20,000 ,depends on her abuse;-)
and following on from that recommendation i have one for sale :lol:

davey red.r

there you go cruise,get ya cheque book out squire,:lol: dnt waste your time on out else mate,sure the price will be good off kieron. hint hint:lol: ;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
gunmetalgtir said:
Wouldn't buy anything from them! They are a total and utter joke! Sold me dodgy goods and refused to refund my money, long story and they were complete w8nkers about it!!
Too right, there customer service is shocking to say the least. I wanted to swap an RPS clutch plate over of a full kit inc cover plate, but would they do it, would they fúck! :evil:

However I’ve found the RPS max street clutches to handle themselves well and apart from the heaviness of them they are top notch
:)

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:
S14 clutch and flywheel, the bolts were a tiny bit smaller so we machined them slightly bigger. DIRECT fit after that..

Hks want: £1500 for the GD PRO clutch & £450 for the flywheel.

EBAY £700 PAIR BRAND NEW !!!!!

its such a good clutch, was a rare oppertunity of course... its a triple plate i think as it jangles when depressed...

it was a 5 min job to get it to fit... can hold down 500 bhp too... just need the quaiffe.. .lol
Any Idea on the new weights of the items?

CruiseGTi-R

fubar andy said:
Too right, there customer service is shocking to say the least. I wanted to swap an RPS clutch plate over of a full kit inc cover plate, but would they do it, would they fúck! :evil:
That's why me old mate James at Driftworks is sorting me out. Their customer service is shockingly good (they also give out really cool T-shirts when you buy stuff :-D ).

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
CruiseGTi-R said:
That's why me old mate James at Driftworks is sorting me out. Their customer service is shockingly good (they also give out really cool T-shirts when you buy stuff :-D ).
That what the lady from SRB said to use, but unfortunately they had nothing in stock. She was fine, just the idiot man I spoke to was rude and ignorant :der:

Lionel

The Fidanza is a great flywheel and the price is not that bad iver, Iv used the JUN ones in the passed and they are great to very well made etc.

Cruise_GTIR is u needed a clutch you should of asked use we are RPS delaers as well.