which coilovers are these?

williams

probably a long shot, but, i got my R with coilovers on. they are covered in dirt and underseal so cant see any name or anything on them. but them seem to be red underneath all the shit, any idea which company made red coilovers?

also what poundage springs do most people use on thier Rs for track use? 270ish? or higher?

williams

they are covered in underseal adn muck, can just make out that they are red underneath. i'll get some pics though.

P

pulsarboby

they look like jic to me marc, but have been toshed over a few times in the past!

williams

thinking of changing the springs to 325lb front and and 275lb rear, not sure on the rate of current springs so not sure what free length to go for? an ideas?

olliecast

to be honest they look lke they need a recon mate.
I had some the same (jic), and ended up not using them as they were leaking and couldn`t find anyone to rebuild them

williams

they havent been leaking. the wet bits on tehm is where i sprayed some degreaser on to get the shit off. not reckon its worth using them then?

olliecast

If they're not leaking then go for it mate. I just had a bad experience with mine, yours are in better condition if they're not leaking.

Just be aware that everything may have already leaked out.
Try compressing then and make sure there no massive top out clunks or anything,

Cheers,
Ollie

P

pulsarboby

if there not leaking then use them.
remove the topmounts and see if theres resistance when you push down on the damper, if theres very little then there boogered.
deffo wouldnt bother with changing the spring weights though

williams

It was over 2 year ago i drove the car so suppose the could have leaked since then. I'l get them off and check them out. Could do with a bit of a clean aswell.

williams

checked the fronts and they arent leaking. they have 'wings' stamped into them???? cant see any other name or anything.

williams

Need to get them cleaned up and painted and grease the threads. Bearings in top mount are fucked so gunna have to replace them.