Which camshaft will fit the GTI-R?

M

Mondorno

Want to order the 264 ° HKS Camshafts, but need to know which one will fit the GTI-R. The ones, that will fit the S14/ S15 or for the RPS13 SR20DET?

MaxGTi-R

JWT , jun , tomei , they all got cams for the RNN 14

and if you take a look in the 200sx parts fittement , CAM = NO

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Mondorno said:
Want to order the 264 ° HKS Camshafts, but need to know which one will fit the GTI-R. The ones, that will fit the S14/ S15 or for the RPS13 SR20DET?
Why automatically go for HKS? The "tuners" will only pull your pants down further when they hear things like JUN and Tomei and HKS :lol:

You can get equally good cams from Piper and Kent ;-)

I've got a set of Kent "mild" cams fitted just now and they make the car very easy to drive and you get good torque from very low revs even with a gt3076 fitted :thumbsup:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
You can get equally good cams from Piper and Kent ;-)

Well the UK prices for Kent and piper cam's make the likes of HKS look positively bargain basement :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
I've got Piper in mine and think there very good value for money.

Last time I looked they wanted something like £900 for a kit with new springs and retainers :shock: , I got tomie cams and new double valve springs with titanium retainers a lot cheaper than that ;-) .

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Odin said:
Last time I looked they wanted something like £900 for a kit with new springs and retainers :shock: , I got tomie cams and new double valve springs with titanium retainers a lot cheaper than that ;-) .
Jono got my cams from Kent and it was a couple of hundred for the pair :shock:

Given my track record for overpaying for everything i'm surprised at the price you're quoting.Did they see you coming? :lol:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
Did they see you coming? :lol:

No not at all because I bought tomei one's instead you blind useless pi55 stained old fool :roll: :roll: .

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Odin said:
No not at all because I bought tomei one's instead you blind useless pi55 stained old fool :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thought you were supposed to be nice!

But if you are only buying direct replacement cams you don't need the titanium retainers and all the rest of the fancy gubbings that you bought.All he needs is a pair of drop in,shim up camshafts.Job done :thumbsup:

Remember,not everyone has a near 400bhp monster like you ;-) :lol: :lol:

M

Mondorno

When I install the HKS cams I have to reshimm my valves. Is there any differnce in the valve clearance between HKS cams and std. cams?