Where's my coolant sensor gone?

nitrosgti-r

I have been told that my R is over fueling on tick over due to a dodgy coolant sensor but after getting a print out of where it is from Nissan i find that i dont have one!! All thats there is a blanking plate :? What do i do now?? Also my R doesn't have a brolly holder in it on the drivers side, does this mean that its not a genuine R or....? :shock:

MarkTurbo

I dont think all pulsars had the umbrella thingy mate :wink:

That explains why you were having so much trouble with the CO level on the mot then :?

Wheres this blanking plate :?: Are you looking on the back of the engine just to the right of the brake master cylinder?

nitrosgti-r

blanking plate

hey mate, sorry i missed you on saturday but in was bussy down the pub watchin the rugbo with me mate :wink:

Yes the plate is on the back of the engine where you said. What the fk is going on there init? How does the engine know whats going on now?

MarkTurbo

Re: blanking plate

nitrosgti-r said:
How does the engine know whats going on now?
It dosent :wink: :lol:

When did you say you were taking it to be rolling roaded :?: You wanna get a coolant sensor on there first, cos knowing Interpro they wont even put it on the rollers if its not 100% :wink:

nitrosgti-r

oooo thats a bugger then. I have a coolant sensor but i have no where to put it as its blanked off. I thought that Interpro would end up doing some thing like this as im so much looking foward to this session, somats bound to throw a spanner in the works!!!!!!!

What can i do mate, any ideas??

Brett

MarkTurbo

Cant you just take off whatevers blanking off the coolant sensor hole and put the sensor back in :?:

Is the wiring connector still there for it too :?:

Its sounds like whoever had the car before you has done a bodge job on it :roll:

It might be worth ringing Interpro and see what they say if you dont reckon you're gonna be able to get it sorted by the weekend. I reckon if you say to them that the car has got its coolant sensor missing they might say to bring it back when its sorted out :?

If you want me to take a look one night this week give me a ring :wink:

nitrosgti-r

Your gonna have to take a look mate i think cos i dont have a scooby really. There is just a blanking plate there and no sign of a pipe, hose or connectors etc at all...... :shock: :shock: :roll: :oops:

A

antilag

:roll: :roll: :roll: well this is a mystery as the only people to touch that engine were norris when he done the rebuild and tuning japenese have done work on the car setting it up ect i was told from the guy who had the engine b4 it was spot on also from a worker at tuning japenese said the car was a spot on (that was b4 he new id purchased the engine) so this confuses me greatly if its been blocked off how was the car running correctly before hand

are u sure your looking in the write place mate?
and the majority of pulsars dnt have the brolly :wink:

MarkTurbo

:shock: Was this the one you were selling the other day then :?:

I think i'm gonna be taking a look at it sometime before the weekend so i'll see whats going on :? :wink:

A

antilag

the ecu needs a signal from that sensor correct???????????????

who wud do such a thing? is it even a worth while bodge because to me that doesnt make sence surely it wud be more dificult to plate it over then fit another sensor or leave the dead one in and unplug it?

MarkTurbo

Yep it would be a lot of hassle and not worth doing, but i'm only going on what i've been told.

I wont know anymore til i have a look :wink:

A

antilag

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

not sure u'd no anymore anyway lol i dont cum on here often so miss most posts but i keep an eye out for the verdict :wink:

A

AVOGTIR

does the tempature gauge work! if so it's getting a reading from somewhere,

there are 2 coolant sensors, one runs the thermo fans, the other runs the ecu and gauge.

gtir350

Is'nt it one for the guage and one for the ecu + fans ?

And i've unpluged my guage sensor and the ECU still see's the engine water temp

Dave

Davey

yeah, there are two sensors, dunno where the one for the gauge is though.
Just a thought, but the timing may be well advanced if the ecu thinks the engines cold :?

MarkTurbo

Forgot about this, its all sorted now after i had a look on thursday 8)

I wont say anything about the part Brett was looking at thinking it was the coolant sensor :wink: