Where to find Black Smoked Tail lights?

maz

Hi guys, just want to know if anyone can point me in the right direction for some black smoked tail lights, as the ones i bought my car with are white and not to my taste! :)

also if anyone knows, are the any legal issues with these lights?

sorry if this has been asked before, but i had a quick forum search and it didnt reveal much :(

thanks in advance guys.

/maz

N

NISM0

dark lights

go to halfords, rip speed dep, 14 quids for can of proper spray, diy

N

NISM0

not tried it yet

it is true i did it today, it does leave them dodgy tried it for a gigle to see what it looks like, mat, patchy and sh1te, got my money back and didnt ruin my own lights, do not go this way, sory m8, cheers

N

NISM0

legal

just for m o t, the tail lights must stay the color and intensity for visability, if not thay fail m o t. most after market lights or even factory fitted tinted lights pass m o t.
d i y, juat make sure thay stay the correct colors and intesity, hope this helps

DanDud

If you got some window tint film and tried to get that to mould around the inside of the lights do you think that would work? You could use a heat gun to help it mould to any ridges etc?

Im not planning on doing it but its just food for thought.

Garef

Just another suggestion for anyone, i once knew a guy who wanted to smoke his lights, and all he did was wrap them in a pair of dark tights, up close of course u could tell it wasn't painted, but from a distance it looked really good, and no problems come MOT time, just take them off. Just a thought.

Garef

Telling ya m8, looked really good and a lot easier to take off than paint. I know it sounds stupid and when he told me i laughed so bad, but i was pleasently surprised. You know the old saying, don't knock it till you've tried it.

MORF114

i seen the old tights trick on a few pug 106 gti's looks ok but when they rip it looks quite funny looks ok for a shitty nova but on a R id just go the black in the clear much easier (only if you know a painter though) tinted a few landrover discovery rear quarter windows the curved ones on the top this way (on the inside ofcourse)

MarkTurbo

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Tights haha :roll:
Why not, you wouldnt look no more of a nob with a pair of pretty pollys over your back lights than you would with those chavvy lexus lights on the back of your car ;-) :lol:

sadsy

MarkTurbo said:
Why not, you wouldnt look no more of a nob with a pair of pretty pollys over your back lights than you would with those chavvy lexus lights on the back of your car ;-) :lol:
Bravo

:hail: