Where to buy engine parts??

C

cybermorph

I am going to be stripping my motor down tomorrow to see what caused my engine failing. I just need to know where people recommend for getting replacement sr20det engine parts. I shall obviously need a full gasket set for starters, etc...

I am also finding difficulty in sourcing new engine mounts. I see in some pictures that people have some nice solid brightly coloured ones fitted. Where do i get them, i have the nismo front and rear ones, i just need the big round ones on gearbox and top right of engine.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
cybermorph said:
I am going to be stripping my motor down tomorrow to see what caused my engine failing. I just need to know where people recommend for getting replacement sr20det engine parts. I shall obviously need a full gasket set for starters, etc...

I am also finding difficulty in sourcing new engine mounts. I see in some pictures that people have some nice solid brightly coloured ones fitted. Where do i get them, i have the nismo front and rear ones, i just need the big round ones on gearbox and top right of engine.
with the part numbers you can obtain ALL the engine parts and standard engine mounts from Nissan, it's all available. A good way of getting the correct part numbers for the bits you need would be to obtain one of the CD's of Nissans "fast system" part number catalogue, these are often seen on Ebay for a few £££.

The brightly coloured mounts you've seen are mounts that have been modded by replacing the rubber in a OEM mount with harder polyurathane, Alan (ashills) on here used to get these made, you could try PM'ing him. Personally though, having had several types of solid poly engine mount, I feel they are to hard for an every day driver use, I have reverted back to new Nissan ones.

Hope that helps

C

cybermorph

Thanks steve. I take it that the mounts can be sourced from Nissan also? My friend has an Almera Gti and the engine mounts look exactly the same... is this true?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
cybermorph said:
Thanks steve. I take it that the mounts can be sourced from Nissan also? My friend has an Almera Gti and the engine mounts look exactly the same... is this true?
Yeah, the mounts are available as well.

No, I don't think the Almera ones are the same.

If you PM me a list of the things you might need I'll sort out the part numbers for you as I have the "Fast System" CD.

Steve

PaulB

ive just ordered the full gasket kit myself, its 128quid at nissan, although a friend of mine works at nissan and i got a tenna off.

try this thread for part numbers......

part numbers thread