where to buy a standard exhaust from ?

Hi All

I am looking for a standard exhaust to put on the gtir as the one i have is too loud.

where can i get a standard exhaust from not to expensive??

thanks

sam

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Overpriced if you ask me, but yeah I saw that.

Try putting just the standard front pipe on; it's a peashooter, and seems to make the most difference in the noise stakes (but you will feel the power drop).

oki then is there any thing that is quiet/quieter than a straight through mongoose as i believe its a straight through mongosse i have??

thanks

snoon

Can you not get a custom one made up? Then you should be able to choose how loud/quiet it is?

Braveheart

I bought FM radio head set for 15 quid that worked very well. Did not affect the performance in the slightest.... ;-)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That one has gone.
Try this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170556333448#ht_500wt_1156

A custom job is probably the way to go; get some big boxes put in.
This is what mine looks like out of the car:

I put a silenced decat in as well instead of the one in that picture, and the wife will actually sit in the passenger seat for long journeys without complaining now.

looked around and nothin about really but i found some one with a devil back box very cheap would that help at all? would it even fit on it lenght wise?

thanks

sam

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Why not just add another silencer to a mongoose system and change the 5" tail pipe to a 3" at your local exhaust shop.

Much better, cheaper and less hassle - that's what I did!