Where can i put this?

S

stomski

had a spare £15 in my back burner this afternoon, bought a nice looking fire extinguisher, but looking in my R where the b!oody ell can i fit it?

a little 'boy racer' i know, but it just caught my eye. People at work said mount it in the boot, but no1 can see it there.

any ideas or shall i just take it back saying i havent had a fire yet? :D

topcat

:) in the boot???? not much use in there , when the cars on fire!
fit it next to the floors cross member . just under the passenger front seat. (out of the way, but there if u need it in a hurry)

G

GTI-R Kid

I've seen them mounted on the passenger side a-pillar before. Accessible if a little Max Power. :wink:

N

N1SMO

mine is mounted on the roll cage behind the driver at the pillar.

GTIR-LOZ

to be honest it maybe a little max power but id prefer to put a small fire out myself rather than wait for the fire brigade to turn up to put out a (by then) smouldering wreck of a car

ex-gtir

mines clipped to the roll cage as mentined above i wont be without one since last summer when the dip stick blew out on the evo oil caught light n the manifold :shock: lucky had a bottle of water on board other wise it would have been bye bye baby :cry:
had to bye a carbon one though very max flower but who care as long as it can save the car from going up
mike

GTIR-LOZ

the only thing id be worried about when tacking a fire is when you open the bonnet - assuming its an under bonnet fire - thenyou can potentially get flash back or summin so would be a bit apprehensive about doing it, any firemen on here who could shed some light on how to tackle the fires safely on your own

N

N1SMO

ahh but we dont need to open our bonnet we have a nice large fire scoop to point it into.

M

Mart

LOL, True!

i too have a carbon fiber looking bottle :oops:
mounted in pass footwell under the flare