When does the hurting stop... 2 problems after rebuild

$

$ven

Hi people! After a serious rebuild, and solving easy noticable BIG problems (broken oil squirters,turbo's,etc) I went out for 1st test-driving. (now done 2500km's after rebuild) And it's time to solve the small problems. Most of them are fixed, but with these 2 I need some help.

Some maybe relevant upgrades that cause problems?

- Original Boost
- Mazda RX7 550 injectors
- Gizzmo Stage 2 ECU (maybe causing problems???)

Everything has been replaced:(turbo,waterpump,oilpump,hoses,clamps,gaskets,pistons,headgasket,radiator,distributor,fuelfilter,battery,leads,etc etc)

1) High Idle (1500rpm) Whenn the car is cold it sits around 1100, wich is fine, but after 30sec the computer finds it amusing to go to 1500. checked everything (air-leaks,idle control completely shut,lambda,etc) Sometimes it hessitates a bit when starting, and when I poot my rightfoot a bit down(gas), it immedialely starts.

2)After letting the car (cold or warm engine no difference) idle for about 5 mins, it goes into limp mode. rev cut at 3000 rpm, and very stuttering engine. Shut the car of, wait 30 secs, restart the car, and I can drive around and REV till 8000 no probs. The car does this EVERY TIME after idling for a while. (maybe too much fuel?)

Hope you guys can help me, as I haven't got a clue.

I

Innovate Performance

Check you AFM and give the sensor part a clean with electrical cleaner and see what happens.
The AFM are very sensitive and can cause some strange problems.

Check you idel valve as they can cause problems and may need ajusting but make sure you have you timming set to the correct setting as this will alter the idel.

Also may be worth changing the injectors to stock and trying it on the origanal ecu as this would rule out the Gizzmo Stage 2 ECU.

hope this helps you.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It might be a silly question, but why are you letting the car idle for so long?

Maybe the water temps going up at idle, are your fans working. A high water temp will put you in safe mode (I think)

C

clive760

ecu

Fast Guy said:
It might be a silly question, but why are you letting the car idle for so long?

Maybe the water temps going up at idle, are your fans working. A high water temp will put you in safe mode (I think)
ecu sounds it bit like 1 i had few years ago when car was left idleing it went into limp mode i spoke 2 a few guys about problem & they said it was ecu ,a mate of mine had same problem he ended up changing it now he has no problems