wheels

S

SUNNY-TJ

hi everyione,
i've got 17's on my sunny and want to get 16's for it.
there are a set of o.z super legra's on ebay for well cheap.
does anyone know if 4 stud clio's have the same stud pattern as sunny's
any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
TJ

Mr GTiR

I don't know why people get so hung up on 16" as they have the same rolling diameter as 17". IMO you get better handling with 17" as you get less flex on the tyre sidewall with 17".

Btw, yes i've had 16" on my car and they were sh1te!

youngsyp

You get more weight with the 17" rims and tyres too though. This increases unsprung weight, which is detrimental to the handling and braking and, will shorten the life of your suspension components.
To get the correct rolling circumference with 17" rims, tyre choice is very limited. 205/35-17 is the closest match. There are plenty of companies who make 215/40-16 size rubber which, is very close to the original 195/55-14 rolling circumference !

Mr GTiR

youngsyp said:
You get more weight with the 17" rims and tyres too though. This increases unsprung weight, which is detrimental to the handling and braking and, will shorten the life of your suspension components.
That's why i have light weight 17" alloys (Buddy Club and OZ Superlaggera) and 4 pot barkes which weight less than the factory brakes :shock:

I still think having 16" is a load of b0ll0x. For a start tyres are twice teh price of 17" :der:

Last edited:

PaulB

Im running a set of 17" Oz superleggs from a clio valver, they fit a treat, no rubbing.
Nice and light too (y)

Mr GTiR

youngsyp said:
What tyres and tyre size do you use ?
Track (Buddy Club) - Toyo R888 215/40/17

Road (OZ Superlaggera) - Toyo Proxie T1S - 205/40/17

Last edited:

davey red.r

I don't know why people get so hung up on 16" as they have the same rolling diameter as 17". IMO you get better handling with 17" as you get less flex on the tyre sidewall with 17".

Btw, yes i've had 16" on my car and they were sh1te!
thats strange andy i find my old red r handled a lot better when i put 16s on after 17s