wheels and offset...

C

copper

god damn I am getting pissed off....I am trying to find wheels that I like and that have offset in the proper range.

I believe that the stock R is 40mm, how far can I go either way from that?

I really like these wheels but the offset is 44mm. If I were to run 205/40/16 or a 215/40/16 tire would that be too much? The 205/40/16 may work.....I dunno
http://www.modacar.com/products///00WORKE/Work+Emotion+CR.html

I am also considering the 5zigen FNO1RC(33mm OR 42mm offset) and the Buddyclub P1 SF (42mm offset). Looking at bronze or gunmetal!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

paz

rare rims do a very similar wheel to that in a 40 offset IIRC pal, hang on I'll check...

Paz

C

copper

hmm....if I go to a 17x7 with the WORK wheels I can get a +42mm offset...and if I put those on 205/40/17 it shoud be ok as I know there are people running around with buddyclub 17's (42mm offset) and they are fine. The 5Zigen 17x7 has a 42mm offset aswell.....hmmm I think I may have to go with 17's.

ahh yes...when the car gets the wheels it will be lowered on Whiteline Control springs (15-40mm drop) with the stock struts.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngsyp

copper said:
god damn I am getting pissed off....I am trying to find wheels that I like and that have offset in the proper range.

I believe that the stock R is 40mm, how far can I go either way from that?

Thanks
I have 16" x 7" with a 35 mm offset and 215-40/16 rubber and they fit perfectly with -35mm lowering springs. Unless the 17's are very light, I'd try to stick with a 16" rim, to keep the handling of the car nice ?!

Cheers

Paul

C

copper

THANKS......but as I mentioned in one of my posts if I go to a 17x7 I can get a +42mm offset which I know will work ok with 205 wide tires.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

paz said:
16s allegedlly handle better as well pal, so its worth considering that :)

paz
with Paz on this im selling my 17x7.5 tota Grid wheel as i just want a smaller and wider.

C

copper

hmm.....17's aren't that bad are they? I know 205/40/17 is a bit bigger of a rolling radius but it's pretty close and shouldn't effect acceleration that much. The handling from 16" and 17" shouldn't be that much different either....

rayman75 said:
44offset is gonna stick out loads. the higher the number the more the wheel will be past the arches, smaller the number the more it comes towards the inner wheel arch.
I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of that. The lower the number, the futher out they stick.

rayman75

Major_Sarcasm said:
I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of that. The lower the number, the futher out they stick.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you might be right i seem to get confused very easily on the offset issue:doh: