Wheel stud

J

jpward

On fitment off brand spanking tyres at the weekend we noticed the previous fitter has stripped the threads on on of the studs on the front :sad:

So easy fix? or should i just get another hub save trouble as there should be a few knocking about? :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It should be easy enough to knock the old one out and replace it. I'm not sure if you can do it without splitting the hub tho.

chadboy

yea i done it with the hub on, easy to get out but tight as hell gettin back in. strip the caliper and disc off, there is room where the cailper to knock it through and pull it out

C

Chris G

chadboy said:
yea i done it with the hub on, easy to get out but tight as hell gettin back in. strip the caliper and disc off, there is room where the cailper to knock it through and pull it out
Agreed ;) I did it the other week, 1/2 hour job at the most mate :D

J

jpward

ahh cheers guys anyone got the part number handy???

What method did you all use?? a little heat or it is easily taped out with ignorance :lol:

chadboy

i aint got no part numbers because i put longer ones in, i hit them through and hit them back in. if that dont work put washers around the stud and pull it through with the wheel nut. goodluck

C

Chris G

If you PM me your address mate I'll send you one, I've got a spare hub with 3 studs in! (they aren't very shiney though! :lol: )

R

ryan_george

i had this as I broke three studs and wrecked a wheel when I hit a huge pot hole in the rain with my last 'R, made some crazy noises. They knock out fine, but I had to put a washer on all of my studs then pull them through with the nut. Easy Peazy...