Whats wrong

A

AZ STE

Went to work as normal this morning giving it a bit of a thrashing.When I stopped to park up my turbo pressure gauge was showing full negative Hg and when I reved the engine it only went to zero.I think the turbo isnt spinning :( I think on tickover the standard gauge reads about zero and even when stationary reving the engine makes the gauge go positive can anyone confirm this :?: . Going to take it out at dinner to see if my turbo spins up.

paz

On tickover the standard guage reads under 0. However my turbo does spool up if I just rev the car. Is it spooling up under load? If not, check in the engine bay and make sure all hoses are attached to the intercooler etc correctly.

paz

A

AZ STE

Hi
Ive just been out and the turbo is still spooling up as normal ,however on tickover the gauge is reading -6 (100mm hg) when I start driving it goes to zero then on boost goes to +7 as normal. So my fault is massive vac for some reason anyone know what this could be due to?
What causes the vac on the small pipe on the dump valve (actuating it) as it seems that this is to great all the time on tickover.
Thanks

Mr GTiR

i think that pipe is just plumed into the vac pipes from your plemium. if you had a leak in it then the DV would not dump!

starnge one :?

A

AZ STE

Ive not got my DV plumbed in at the moment ive got a blank on the small pipe and the exit of the DV if I remove the blank on the small pipe the engine fails.

kyepan

When you remove that bung, it lets in air that has not been metered by the afm, then the car does not know the correct ammount of air coming in and will get the mixture wrong and stall.

J

jasegould

On tickover u should be reading a vacuum as the throttle is shut, and it will only go up to zero 9maybe just over) when revved whilst stationary

geetee

what jase said.

It is normal to have quite high vac at idle.

Sounds like you had a problem that just cured itself.

M

Mart

what Jase and geetee said, its normal.
If it starts going past -700mmhg then u might have a problem

geetee

I can't concieve a fault that would develop too much vacuum.....

I think I also have a problem... when I drive up the road my wheels go round and round....

8)

M

Mart

geetee, i have a prob like that, but mine stop going round and round when i push one of the three pedals near my feet :? :? 8)

geetee

I think the middle one is meant to cure the wheels going round and round problem.

Never really worked very well for me. Although the one on the right seems to make it a lot worse very quickly.

What could be causing this??

I also have another problem, the car won't go round corners. I took the big round wheel thing off in front of the driver's seat cos every time I knocked it the car would swerve all over the place - I thought this could be causing the problem. But no, all it will do is go in a straight line.

Any ideas??

A

AZ STE

Just spoken the Uncle Ian and he says its ok to pull a -6 neg vac on tickover thanks for the replys :wink: