Whats up with my 'r'????

G

GTiR_Nick

Hey guys wondered if anyone can shed any light on a problem i have? I got my r back about a month ago from having a full engine rebuild with afew extras. Now over the past week or so the car has started to idol at 1500rpm instead of the usual 1000rpm im used to. Does anyone have any ideas at all that may point me in the right direction to get the problem solved?
Many thanks!

Nick

jonee

r

dude i think this might get moved :D

but to spare you a torrent of abuse :D try the search list at the top of this screen.

good luck

G

GTiR_Nick

Since the problem has started i have noticed a high pitched whistling noice that can only be heard when the window is down and the car is coming onto boost so would this indicate a leak of some sort. Sorry if this is a silly question but im not as clever whan it comes to my r as you guys! :oops:

Keira

GTiR_Nick said:
Since the problem has started i have noticed a high pitched whistling noice that can only be heard when the window is down and the car is coming onto boost so would this indicate a leak of some sort. Sorry if this is a silly question but im not as clever whan it comes to my r as you guys! :oops:
could well be, there is a how to find boost leaks in the how to section :wink:

G

GTiR_Nick

I have a baileys piston type dump valve on the car and its not dumping as it should. Could this contribute to the problem and how does a leak on boost or vac pipes cause the car to idle high?

antgtir

GTiR_Nick said:
I have a baileys piston type dump valve on the car and its not dumping as it should. Could this contribute to the problem and how does a leak on boost or vac pipes cause the car to idle high?
Certainly sounds like a vac leak to me, especially if the dump valve isn't dumping as it should. You will prob find that there isn't enough pressure passing through the valve to open it due to a leak etc, this will probably be the cause of the whistle too. Id look at the section on locating the leak and in theory and with a bit of luck that should solve all the other probs.

Ant. :wink:

G

GTiR_Nick

Thanks for this guys just off to the garage now to try and sort my baby out

G

GTiR_Nick

Just come back from the garage and not really feeling any happier! We found the leak and managed to sort that but we also found that there is play in the shaft of the turbo. Where is the best place to look for a new one???