Whats up with 2.2 stroker kits

marcymarc

Hi , just wondering why i never hear anyone really praise a 2.2 stroker kit, whats up with them?

Everytime i read about a big power R or listen to someone who is planning on a big power project R,i never see or hear a mention of a 2.2 stroker :?

I would of thought a stroker kit would be the way forward for big power?

JIMMYBACK

nope not at all you cant rev it that high the kits run out of puff at 5.5k :shock: so not good for wot i want :oops: :cry:

marcymarc

JIMMYBACK said:
nope not at all you cant rev it that high the kits run out of puff at 5.5k :shock: so not good for wot i want :oops: :cry:

So what are stroker kits good for then :lol:
There must be some plus points to the kit?

JIMMYBACK

marcymarc said:
JIMMYBACK said:

low down torque 8) i just prefer a rev happy engine :D

marcymarc

JIMMYBACK said:
marcymarc said:
JIMMYBACK said:

low down torque 8) i just prefer a rev happy engine :D

Has anyone fitted a stroker on this site?

JIMMYBACK

erm i think rishi fitted one but modified it to fcuk so he could rev it.......the only other person i knew of that had a stroker kit was edd but he didnt have it long :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

ashills

JIMMYBACK said:
its not they run out of puff its down to bore stroke ratios and the fact a stroked engine dont like to be reved as much saying that you only have to look at RC's evo and the fact the stroker in that is revving to near 9k or something and they have only ever damaged one rod i think pete was saying
stroker kits are good but need to be very well balanced and very strong if there gonna be pushed for mega power and also have a nice big turbo bolted to it :D

marcymarc

ashills said:
JIMMYBACK said:
its not they run out of puff its down to bore stroke ratios and the fact a stroked engine dont like to be reved as much saying that you only have to look at RC's evo and the fact the stroker in that is revving to near 9k or something and they have only ever damaged one rod i think pete was saying
stroker kits are good but need to be very well balanced and very strong if there gonna be pushed for mega power and also have a nice big turbo bolted to it :D

Good bit of info mate :D nice 1 :wink:

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
Whats Rishis R gonna rev to??

Rishi doesn't have a stroker kit fitted fella :wink: jimmy's just a halfwit so take no notice of him :roll: , No one else does :lol: :lol: :lol: .

peter Robinson does have a 2.3 stroker kitted in his motor 8) , He'll probably be along in a moment to tell you it's really a 2.4 :shock: :roll: , but he's talking out his ar5e :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

marcymarc

vpulsar said:
marcymarc said:
Whats Rishis R gonna rev to??

Rishi doesn't have a stroker kit fitted fella :wink: jimmy's just a halfwit so take no notice of him :roll: , No one else does :lol: :lol: :lol: .

peter Robinson does have a 2.3 stroker kitted in his motor 8) , He'll probably be along in a moment to tell you it's really a 2.4 :shock: :roll: , but he's talking out his ar5e :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

:lol: :lol:

Isnt there a company developing a 2.4 kit at the minute, im sure thats what i heard on here ages ago?

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
Isnt there a company developing a 2.4 kit at the minute, im sure thats what i heard on here ages ago?

Yes its called the Jim Wolf racing 2.4 kit :wink: .

rob

marcymarc

vpulsar said:
marcymarc said:

rob

Has this kit been fully developed yet ?, cant be that far off

O

Odin

marcymarc said:

No idea fella, try looking on there web site :wink: :lol: .

rob

marcymarc

vpulsar said:
marcymarc said:
vpulsar said:
marcymarc said:

rob
No idea fella, try looking on there web site :wink: :lol: .

rob

As soon as i posted it i thought shi t why didnt i just look on their web site :oops: So i did and im still non the wiser :roll: :lol:

ChrisS

The main downside with a stroker has gotta be the cost in building the thing. You've then got to have a big enough turbo to flow enough air for it. Mine certainly doesnt run out of puff at 5500. I do have a half weight crank, but it revs really well. Also getting 400lb of torque at 4500 rpm.

If you look at all the big power evos out there most are running stroker kits.

marcymarc

ChrisS said:
The main downside with a stroker has gotta be the cost in building the thing. You've then got to have a big enough turbo to flow enough air for it. Mine certainly doesnt run out of puff at 5500. I do have a half weight crank, but it revs really well. Also getting 400lb of torque at 4500 rpm.

If you look at all the big power evos out there most are running stroker kits.

Which stroker kit are you running mate??

ChrisS

It was custom made by farndon engineering. I understand that they also make stroker kits for one of the big jap companies to add a chunk of cash on and sell though.