Whats the next stage?

Matty B

Hi, i've got a k reg GTIR and want to get about 300 bhp out of it. I've put an uprated exhaust on it with a de-cat and replaced the air box with a k+n air filter. Its also got a baileys dump valve (i know this wont increase bhp but just thought id mention it). Whats the next thing i should do bearing in mind i really don't want to put a front mount on it unless i really need to.
Any info would be really helpfull.
Thanks. Matt.:?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Matty B said:
Hi, i've got a k reg GTIR and want to get about 300 bhp out of it...
Screw getting 300hp and spend your cash on suspension and brakes. Personally i'd say that's best route to go, after the “basic” modifications.
Yeah great you’ve got 300hp, but what about stopping, the standard brakes are utterly useless.
Some good suspension should also be on the cards, what’s the point of 300hp when your car then under steers into a hedge (whilst corning at a 45 degree angle)?

Personally I’d now look at:

Clutch peddle support
Iridium Plugs
Brakes
Suspension
Performance clutch

...then 300hp

Matty B

its got clutch pedal support on it, iridium plugs, lowered and stiffend suspension and green stuff pads already. really just looking for more power, im also pretty sure its got an uprated fuel pump. if i wind the turbo up to 1 bar will it be fairly safe or should i think about a new turbo? also, what is a dawes device?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Matty B said:
what is a dawes device?
Do a search on teh forum, there is loads of info on it.

How do you find teh brakes with the green stuff pads ?

MORF114

if i could start again id definately get bigger brakes straight away you just never know what will happen and its always better to stop faster than go faster on the public road. (imagine that kid steppping out in front of you when your using 300bhp thinking to yourself dam those bigger brakes would have come in handy right now).

2c