Whats my GTIR worth...?

Surry

Guys,

This isnt a for sale thread and car will not be for sale for a couple of months but... Im not a full member of the forum at the mo and hope the mods dont mind me asking this, as i am genuinely asking the question about price and not trying to use this as an ad.

Any opinions on what my car is worth i have owned it for the last god know how many years 6+.. Have been on here, mainly as a watcher, and was on the yahoogroups before that...

Really really dont want to sell but being a first time home buyer is not easy with this on the driveway... Bodywork is good for the year, it does have a few small dinks/blemishes but overall is good with no rust, and no previous rust repairs. I have spent an absolute fortune on this car since i bought it in totally standard form. I still have the autotrader ad from the day i bought it.

Spec is as follows:-

Engine internals are currently standard... apart from Greddy rocker arm stoppers.

Turini Fibre Glass Bonnet Painted same colour as the car (Black)
PAR Half Dog Box, built by Ian@Hiteq
Apexi Power FC with commander
Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller
HKS GT3037 52T .73 A/R Turbo, with extrude honed exhaust housing (sent to US to have this done..)
Tial 40mm External Wastegate with Screamer Pipe, running a ported standard manifold with wastegate pipe connected to all four runners to ensure adequate flow.
Blue Flame (custom built on the car) 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust. This is 3inch directly off the turbo (Mild Steel Flanges i believe) 5inch slash cut tail pipe.
HKS Induction Kit with home made 3 inch steel induction Pipe
MSD Digital 6 Plus Ignition system, including MSB Blaster HVC Coil.
HKS Spark Plugs
700cc Sard Injectors
17" OZ Superleggaras
325mm Godspeed Front Brake conversion with 4 pot calipers ( these would have new rotors and pads)
Big godspeed rear disk conversion (standard calipers,normal pads, but uprated larger disk with mounting brackets)
Braided Brake Lines
Tein Coilovers only height adjustable(these are quite old and a little worn, just being honest) could be rebuilt if required by the new owner.
Whiteline Handling Kit with rear sway bar and uprated bushes, camber bolts etc..
Front Mounted R33 intercooler with Alloy pipework and samco hoses (home made conversion)

I've probably forgot stuff but that will come free with the car :)

I do have the components to build a Forged Engine sitting in the garage but i need to get some crank work done first, would this significantly increase the cars value?

The car has made 396bhp at the hubs on the thor dyno with this turbo setup but this was on a forged engine(lower compression but standard cams), which i wont go into, let just say according to thor i must let my mates play with the commander changing my ignition/fuel maps etc (doesnt everyone let there mates play with their commander), they came to this conclusion without even seeing the car or checking that the map was as it was when the car left their garage...

I would have the car mapped and Dynoed if necessary for the new owner at a tuner of the new owners choice...

Any comments appreciated...

Thanks

Last edited:
O

Odin

Very nice set up indeed fella, Not sure on value as the market is very iffy at the moment, But that car is only £1500-£2000 worth of engine work away from making a very nice 450 bhp car.

You already have all the bolt on stuff for good power.

Rob