Whats best next for my R?

L

LILMAN

Just put my r back on the road mods so far include exhaust, apexi induction, hks ssqv, struts front and back, walbro 255 pump. Any suggestions what to do next for a bit of extra bhp? want some reliable power!

youngsyp

Imho, the best mod you can do to any car, performace orientated or not, is and bespoke ecu remap.
You'll get more power, torque and more quickly. You'll also get all round better drivability and better fuel consumption.

Not sure where you're based but, Horsham Developments in Surrey, and The Racing Line in Halifax, both offer bespoke mapping of the stock ecu. If I had the cash, that's what I'd go for ! ;-)

Of course, if you haven't improved your brakes and suspension, over the stock set up, it might be an idea to get them done first.
Alternatively, driver training is a very good idea. That'll teach you how to drive you car as it is, and get the most from it. I'd expect with some decent instruction, you'd probably be able to drive the car quicker and more safely with the current set up, than you would with the extra power and torque of any more mods, without the training.

Just a few ideas bud.

L

LILMAN

Cheers for your input. Have done both suspension and brakes with tein and a 6 pot kit. I'm based in S.Wales not sure where to get it set up round here? Any idea on cost of set up off standard ECU?

L

LILMAN

standard boost at the moment. Don't know where to take it to up it. Whats a safe reliable boost to be running at?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
LILMAN said:
Just put my r back on the road mods so far include exhaust, apexi induction, hks ssqv, struts front and back, walbro 255 pump. Any suggestions what to do next for a bit of extra bhp? want some reliable power!
with those mods, straight up to 1 bar, you can then either get an safc or unichip, map it to 1.2 bar - thats your lot. if you want it reliable then keep it to 1.1 bar (circa 310 - 320 bhp and around 280lb/ft)

that's if you have an uprated clutch . . . . . . . . . .

youngsyp

LILMAN said:
Any idea on cost of set up off standard ECU?
Depends where you go.
I know that Horsham Developments remap the stcok ecu for around £350. Considering that includes everything you need, including the fitting of a daughter board in your ecu, I think it's great value for money.