what would u do

EVOBAD

hi guys a guy i no has deceided 2 sell his R am debating shal i buy it or not what do u guys think
its black 93 forge pistons,dastek ecu,apexi indution kit,uprated clutch,boost controler set at 1.1bar,greddy turbotimer,moongoose full system,greddy delimiter,white oz 17s etc new mot, car is clean minus a crack running from door 2 boot on the joint below back window ,it looks like it the whole rear quarter was replaced at som point bar that car is clean he wants 2500 for it:roll: its also got gab suspension,nismo front-rear strut braces and a new strd turbo when on rollers produced 330bhp

Last edited:
C

clive760

sounds ok spend £200 2 sort body out ,get yourself a better turbo ,bigger injectors z32maf ul be hiting 400bhp it sounds a bargain

GTiR_Mic

I would take it mate, sounds like a good deal, don't need to spemnd to much on it really. Get a GT3071R tubro for about £900 all in from the States, injectors aren't that dear and then mapped. Then or before that can sort out the body work.

Mic

O

Odin

You never know what sort of horrors lay in wait under that bodged up body work, I'd give it a wide berth unless you are sure just whats under that dodgy panel.

It could end up costing you as much to fix the bl00dy thing fella, Maybe thats why he's selling it mate.

Rob

EVOBAD

yrh i no mate but its just had new mot so it cant be that bad if it needed mot then it might be dodgy

EVOBAD

yrh i no mate but its just had new mot so it cant be that bad if it needed mot then it might be dodgy

stumo

Just because it's got an MOT doesn't mean it's a good car with nothing wrong.

It's a BASIC safety test (with some other stuff thrown in ) nothing more.

EVOBAD

iv looked at it i it def had rear quarter replaced not sure when thats why its cracking but i no ther is a few gtir had new rear panels on car due 2 badddd arches

A

Andybtsn

MOT's mean f**k all. People who know people in the garages can just pay them now to pass, it's a crap situation. I know this because a previous car I bought that had 12 months MOT was an absolute disgrace, inside and out. Stupid guy that I am, I was thinking the same as you "It's got an MOT, it must be mint!!" No...

My experience with damage repared cars, id stay clear. And you can't help thinking there's problems at that price.

O

Odin

EVOBAD said:
iv looked at it i it def had rear quarter replaced not sure when that's why its cracking but i no there is a few gtir had new rear panels on car due 2 bad arches
I've never seen one that had the whole rear 1/4 replaced due to rusty arches :? , Maybe they just riveted the new one on and now the filler is cracking, Or the filler is so deep that it's just shrunk :roll: :cry: , Or it could of just been a load of filler instead of a proper panel replacement to fix accident damage fella :roll: , Have you tried going over the area with a magnet ? ;-) .

rob