What Tyres are you all using?

billy187

I need to buy a new full set of 17" tyres this week for when i pick my wheels up from being refurbed. I have always used Toyo T1R's which have been good but thought id look around before i order a set...

Tyres will only be for road use...What are you lot using and would recommend?

Also wheres the cheapest place to buy them from at the moment?

Last edited:

Trondelond

R888's here, which I'm real pleased with. Not the most comfortable tyres due to the hard sidewalls, and quite noisy. But stellar grip, and they look bad ass. Admit it, you like a nice tread pattern.

As Animaldaz points out, the F1's are pretty good as well, and probably more sensible for a DD.

Trondelond

They don't last as long as "normal" tires, but as long as your alignment is spot on, they should last a couple of seasons. Unless you tear them up at the track - then you're on your own! :D

They are absolutely horrendeous in standing water, you end up with a wall of water around the car and it fees like you've hit a sand trap. But on wet roads, they're just fine. It's the standing water you want to avoid. Don't want to think about what happens if you hit a deep puddle at 60 to be honest.

I've not tried them but YOKOHAMA Advan Neova AD08 look like an interesting choice. Its a new tire which is meant to offer R888/A048 performance in the dry but deal better with standing water and wet conditions

MarkTurbo

As Animaldaz points out, the F1's are pretty good as well, and probably more sensible for a DD.
I'd go for the F1's too, there's no need for R888's on a road car in my opinion!

They're not really that good as a trackday tyre either to be honest :lol: If its dry they'll usually get too hot after a few laps then they dont last 5 minutes.

Trondelond

I'd go for the F1's too, there's no need for R888's on a road car in my opinion!

They're not really that good as a trackday tyre either to be honest :lol: If its dry they'll usually get too hot after a few laps then they dont last 5 minutes.
Fortunately I don't last many laps either! :D

John

I would agree, for the benefit in dry grip which will probably be very rarely used on the roads, the drawbacks are to large to justify buying R888's. What with there total inability to deal with standing water which I would say is kind of a issue in the UK and the price tag compared to normal tyres and reduced lifespan I would say save your money and go with a set of Eagle F1s or Yoko Paradas.

billy187

Thanks for that guys, anyone know where the cheapest place is at the moment who do eagle f1's in 205/40/17's? Cant seem to find many who stock them in that size online....

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've used www.mytyres .co.uk a few times in the past.

£93 for a Goodyear Eagle F1 GS -D3 205/40 R17 84W XL

I don't know if they are the cheapest but its an option.

Jim

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Hancook RS2's

Good for the road and handle well.

Why people use 888's or A048's on the road baffles me, its totally unnecessary.