what to try running rich

Godzilla

i no i should go for a RR session to sort this but is there anything i can try and clean etc to see if it works first before shelling out on the session , also can the hks afr chip be a cause of this maybe it been knocked and moved a notch, if i cant sort it i will have to get in to a RR but would like to try and sort it myself

Godzilla

im not sure exactly if this has been altered as it sits behind the dash so im guessing it hasnt been touched , anything i can check though like connections hoses etc , were ?

gtir_pimp

i think you can tell by looking at the spark plugs for 'pinking' but not sure what to look for. RR cost me £60 to do a few runs, see what power it made, if there was any detonation and if fueling was ok. its hard to tell if its running rich or lean. just because you can smell petrol or the car isnt running how you think it should, doesnt mean its overfueling or too lean. my mate found out his R was running dangerously lean on the RR but never would of known the way it went on the road. it ran perfect and went like stink! RR is alot chaeper than a new engine mate!

ram5ay

Would be worth checking the wiring at the plug to your ecu (behind centre console) has no loose connections, before you make a trip to the rollers. You'd be surprised how many Jap cars with AM tuning gizmo's, such as your HKS afr controller, that I have seen scotch locked to the main loom instead of connected or soldered properly.
Worth a check anyhow.
;-)