what size vacuum hosing?

beau

hi, does anyone know what size vacuum hosing i need/what people use?

i want to replace the hoses from the inlet to dump valve, boost guage etc but no idea what size they are, im going to leave the hose which his slightly larger than the others, just want to replace the smaller hoses, on ebay they sell 3,4,5,6,7mm etc?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It depends which line you're looking at; I think it's 6mm and 8mm, but I can't be sure without measuring (and I'm not doing that right now).

skiddusmarkus

Does the bore actually matter though when the sizes are so close?I could see how if you went from 4mm to 14mm it might make a difference to how quickly the BOV reacts but when the sizes are so small does it affect it much?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Isn't it more about which nipple it will fit on? - In theory it makes no difference as vacuum and pressure are static values and not affected by the change in flow through different hoses.

beau

i know i can measure it, not hard, but i wanted to know what people use, you can probably used 2-3 different sizes, if i buy the size it measures it may be too big/loose but the smaller size might be too small, hence asking, im sure someone on here has replaced the vacuum hoses

stumo

i know i can measure it, not hard, but i wanted to know what people use, you can probably used 2-3 different sizes, if i buy the size it measures it may be too big/loose but the smaller size might be too small, hence asking, im sure someone on here has replaced the vacuum hoses
just buy several sizes, they will come in handy