What power should i expect?

A

Anonymous

First up-Mods ,wasnt sure if this should be here or in the general section...
Ok, just wondering how much power I should be expecting to get when i get a haltech computer fitted..\
at the moment with the goose and a jr panel filter and 14psi im getting 154kw at the wheels.
So the reason for me wanting to get an idea of what to expect is that at the moment i get a 25kw drop in power when the car decides not to work.
and the workshop have promised this.
(we want to do a plug in e6x haltech for a gtir, and so if it doesnt fix your problem, then u get it for free if not it will cost $2500 all up)this way they win either way, as they then have plug in instead of wire in.
I WAS THINKING THAT I SHOULD GET AT LEAST 165 KW, CONSIDERING I GOT 154KW RUNNING 10.2:1 WITH THE FUEL...
thanks Luke/...

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gtir_luke said:
I GOT 154KW RUNNING 10.2:1 WITH THE FUEL...
thanks Luke/...
10.2 :1 Is that your compression ratio?

If you're loosing about 25kw, is your det sensor kicking in?
Have you done an ecu fault check?

A

Anonymous

LOl no thatd not the compression ratio. thats my air fuel ratio is at 10.2:1so very rich...
and no it ant detting and no it ant the computer...
all i am wanting to know, is what power i should roughly get so i can see if my car is completly fixed, as i wouldnt have a clue of what sort of power rise u would get with a fully mapped computer.

(didnt post this here to get opinions on what may be wrong, as ive already done that befor in the problem solving section,and the workshop has double checked everything amd anything that u all have suggestd-but thanks for throwing more ideas of what to check).

ps. heres a list of whats been checked, just so u all know anyway, but please dont turn this into a problem solving post.
-new computer (no difference)
-timming (spoton)
-new afm (no difference)
-all groundings are good
-fuel pressure regulater (fine)
-injectors themselves (fine, posibly high flowed)
-air leak (all hosses are fine so no air leak.)
-plugs dissy rotor leads all changed
-det sensor changed (no difference)
-water temp sesor (fine)
02 sensor(fine)
-injector drop resister(fine)
-ecu harness and e.c.c.s relay (fine)
-air regulater and a.a.c valve (fine)
-throttle sensor and throttle valve (fine)
-carbin canister purge (fine)
-wastgate actuater controll(fine)
-boost staying steady(fine)
-valve clearances (fine)
-compresion test (fine)
-car has been on the consult scanner several times, and nothing comes up as anything wrong.
so im sure i could keep going on but i wont all i can say, is every connection and sensor has been double checked in the car. and as i said before this is not a question of what could be wrong but merly just what power roughly i should expect.
thanks heaps Luke

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The power rise with a new computer would depend how well the car was set up before. If it was badly set up then you'll make a fair gain optimising everything, but if it was spot on already, you'll not make alot. Putting a figure on it is therefore not so easy, but as a stab in the dark say maybe 20-40bhp, not necessarily on peak power, but increases in areas across the board. :?

zia

10.2:1 would kill any power you expect from the haltech, only way to is turn the boost up and get more ideal a/f say about 12 :1 etc. might be worth asking what is the inj duty cycle? and feul pressure reading? normal power gain with ecu mapped properly varies between 40-70 bhp

zia

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for that.
yeah am pretty sure that the 10.2:1 wich i have at the moment wouldnt be helpiong power output. but id say when they put the haltech in, they will keep it around the 12.1:1 level.
Zia , at the moment, the fuel pressure is normal.but unsure of the injector duty,(can they tell what this is when they put the halteh in)
one other thing, im running a turbosmart bleed valve at the moment, do u think its worth using the haltech as an electronic boost cont, or wait and get an apexi or eo1????
Has anyone here used haltech ???
(just had a look on the haltech website, and it shows a gtir on there that went from 140hp,to 206hp with the haltech and some cams so thats pretty resonable.that would be at the wheels...
thanks. Luke......