What plugs u guys using?

L

LoXy

Hi i just bought a set of iridium spark plugs for my r as i think better plugs means better performance and fuel consumption.

but 1 of my friend says iridum plugs or platium plugs are no good for turbocharged cars because its too efficient and could damage engine parts?

well let me know. if its not true he gets a beating tomorrow :evil: :evil: :evil:

MarkTurbo

Yeah he;s talking out his arse :roll: I've had Greddy iridiums in mine for 2 years :wink:

Looks like he's getting a beating tomorrow then :lol:

G

GTIRoids

I'm running NGK BKR8EIX iridiums. The 54C is loving dem things :!:

A

Anonymous

My mate gave me some HKS iridium plugs and I don't have any bad views on them yet BUT sayin that I have only had them for about 3weeks.

$

$ven

LoXy said:
but 1 of my friend says iridum plugs or platium plugs are no good for turbocharged cars because its too efficient and could damage engine parts?
too efficient?how can spark-plugs be too efficient? Upping the sparkplug to 10.000 volt and blow holes in pistons? :evil:

I'm running HKS S40I (NGK heatrange 8 ), iridiums are used up to 16000 RPM on GP motorbikes, so now you can go beat up your friend :lol:

The only good thing about copper plugs is that they are cheap and they might melt if you detonate badly so that "might" save your engine if your really lucky.

The iridiums are super strong so no way they will melt before your engine. I have denso ik24's deff better than the platinums.

X

xtra_GTi-R

austingtir said:
The only good thing about copper plugs is that they are cheap and they might melt if you detonate badly so that "might" save your engine if your really lucky.

The iridiums are super strong so no way they will melt before your engine. I have denso ik24's deff better than the platinums.
IK27 melt before pistons did... but pistons did too... well, finished melting a little bit later switched to Greddy Iridiums :)

B

beast14

just ordered some ik24's myself...........i got ik22's right now....

[IK27 melt before pistons did... but pistons did too... well, finished melting a little bit later switched to Greddy Iridiums ]

Wow stink buzz. :?

Yeah i kinda meant atleast the copper might melt before the engine does. Whereas the iridiums wouldn't. Of course they will melt eventually though.

You must of been getting serious detonation to kill those. [/quote]