what is this box? removable?

maz

hey just wondering what this box is behind the glovebox. a pipe runs from it to the engine but is not connected on to anything on the engine side.

can i remove this box by any chance?

edit: found it was part of the air-con, too much hassle to remove just now. never mind!

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's the one with the aircon bits inside. You can remove the box, open it and remove the aircon bits, then put it all back together and replace it. You'll need to blank off the holes into the engine bay where the old pipes were tho. (which reminds me.....:oops:)

Mr GTiR

The box contains the air con condensor as i've removed a few out of R's now.

The black plastic box must be fitted back into the car as it's part of your air vent system.

The box is only held in by 6 bolts and a 5 mins job to remove.

maz

nice one, cheers guys. if i removed the contents of the box while the air conditioning was still present in the engine (it hasnt been taken out) would that cause havoc?

Mr GTiR

maz said:
nice one, cheers guys. if i removed the contents of the box while the air conditioning was still present in the engine (it hasnt been taken out) would that cause havoc?
Yes, if your still using the air con.

Only remove the condensor if your ditching the whole air con unit.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
maz said:
a pipe runs from it to the engine but is not connected on to anything on the engine side.
You made it sound like your air con is already out.

If it isn't connected to anything then remove it, but if it's still part of a working aircon system then leave it.