What have i done

S

Sirnixalot

a fellow GTi-R owner was sent a GTi bonnet by mistake (he got in an accident) so we swapped and i got some money as well.

Ive got some of my old exhaust manifold washers to shim the rear of the hood to help with the cooling. I also have some subaru vents that im toying with putting on...but i think thats blasphemy so we will see

A

Anonymous

Is it much lighter than the original ?

What about having some vents cut in, the kind where they lift the metal to make a vent, have 2 lines of those I think would look good ?

J

jasegould

Sirnix...ive gotta sat that ever since Ive been using this forum your car has been in bits.....when do you reckon it'll be on the road as im dying to see the finished car :D

S

Sirnixalot

its not that much lighter...maybe 5lbs or 2.2kg

im leaving it as is for now....i may do something interesting but later on

M

Muppet

I don't like the vents that are placed on the bonnet. I always fancied having a std sunny bonnet cool louverd instead.

I do like the garage.

regards muppet.

J

J-GTi-R

Noooooooo the vent is the signature of the car!! Not to mention that when you front-mount you can adapt the the cheese grater to act as a ram air feed for a custom airbox...

G

GTI-R Kid

kieron said:
Thats the only tiled floor garage i've ever seen :shock: 8)
Its actually parked in the kitchen! :shock: :lol:

I would say it looks kinda stealth - but the big ass hole in the front bumper kinda ruins that idea. Could look very nice with some subtle vents added - maybe Sapphire Cosworth 4X4 vents would look sweet. :wink:

S

Sirnixalot

Jasegould said:
Sirnix...ive gotta sat that ever since Ive been using this forum your car has been in bits.....when do you reckon it'll be on the road as im dying to see the finished car :D
LOL...i hope to have it finished before the 2 year anniversary in August.

S

Sirnixalot

GTI-R Kid said:
kieron said:
Thats the only tiled floor garage i've ever seen :shock: 8)
Its actually parked in the kitchen! :shock: :lol:

I would say it looks kinda stealth - but the big a** hole in the front bumper kinda ruins that idea. Could look very nice with some subtle vents added - maybe Sapphire Cosworth 4X4 vents would look sweet. :wink:
I live with my mum.....and only women would tile a garage.....

i think ill leave the bonney how it is and just give if a once over with some paint.

W

waiwai8

J-GTi-R said:
Noooooooo the vent is the signature of the car!! Not to mention that when you front-mount you can adapt the the cheese grater to act as a ram air feed for a custom airbox...
did anybody actually try and make a custom air feed from the big bonnet vent to air filteR?

A

AJ4

I saw one once, was made by a nissan tuner, could have been SE-Nissan ? <everyone shudders> :D

S

Sirnixalot

I remember someone doing it yes....it was like 400gbp for it or something. But to be honest....it doesnt have shit on Simons version :lol:

Keira

waiwai8 said:
did anybody actually try and make a custom air feed from the big bonnet vent to air filteR?
pulsardave does them for £80ish, he's got one on his own car, £400 is a F*cking joke

O

one Gti-R

I like it it gives the car a more sleeper look, it doesn't look as aggressive either.

However I would try and source some of the side vents as they are very effective for removing heat from the engine bay I am not sure how effective the ones you have are.