What Fuel Pressure to Run?

J

Jon T

I'll be fitting my FPR this weekend and I wondered what I should be doing.

I have standard injectors and an Fmic, and I'll be running 1.1 bar (Well I am at the moment).. I have a HiTeq fuel pump.

I was thinking 4 bar, assuming the standard is 3..

Thanks for any imput!
Jon.

GINGA

Run it at standard pressure unless you want it to over fuel badly.
Any increase in fuel pressure will require the fuelling to be setup with some form of fuel controller.

J

Jon T

Ok, will a better FPR improve things a great deal?, it's about 3x bigger than the standard.. Surely it must do something without changing pressure!

J

J-GTi-R

It just means you can adjust the pressure so it won't max out when you try and set the fueling up for 2 bar etc. On standard pressure, you won't get any benefit.

As Ginga says, an increase in fuel pressure will make the car over-fuel if nothing else is changed. It is a common trick in the 'States to set a car up by putting on an adjustable FPR and winding up the pressure to cope with the extra boost, but the downside of this is you injector life starts rapidly decreasing as the pressure increases.

K

krikra

So when do we actually need to change the standard fpr to an adjustable one? Where is the limit (if you can put it that way)

A

Anonymous

krikra said:
So when do we actually need to change the standard fpr to an adjustable one? Where is the limit (if you can put it that way)
we don`t :shock:
i have still got a std fuel press reg with 2 bar boost and 1000cc injectors.

geetee

More a peace of mind thing really I guess - u know ur FPR isn't going to let you down.

If you need more fuel to the cylinders u'll probably want bigger injectors rather than higher pessure. Higher pressure on smaller injectors increases the risk of the injector jamming open.

So I hear - I don't actually know!!

I'll shut up now :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Jobi Joba

oap-r said:
krikra said:
we don`t :shock:
i have still got a std fuel press reg with 2 bar boost and 1000cc injectors.
std fuel rail too?