What FMIC to buy????

Mist-R

Im looking for cheap as chips FMIC but not one thats gonna last 5 secs, where did eveyone else get theirs?

Ta

Trondelond

Just get one of the ebay kits, they're fine.

If you don't want to cut the body too much, get Forge. But at 4 times the price.

Trondelond

Depends if you want it to actually cool the air or install one for looks?
Just install the core then. :D I've seen that on a few hondas. turns my stomach.
But I'd think that "cheap as chips" and "actually cool the air" don't go well together.

keastygtir

I went for one with a shortened rad so the pipes run over the top of the rad so best of both worlds

short pipe run
minimal chopping
better cooling

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just install the core then. :D I've seen that on a few hondas. turns my stomach.
But I'd think that "cheap as chips" and "actually cool the air" don't go well together.
Just get a second hand evo 9 intercooler, does the job to 450bhp and with a custom short pipe run will be cost friendly and more effective too. ;-)

P

pulsarboby

something your not short of in norway 'big axe':lol::lol:
or an angle grinder will suffice

ive now got an evo 9 ic and you dont have to lower the rad, the pipework runs either side of it! you have to cut some metal away to the sides of the headlights and pipework runs either side. very short and very direct

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
something your not short of in norway 'big axe':lol::lol:
or an angle grinder will suffice

ive now got an evo 9 ic and you dont have to lower the rad, the pipework runs either side of it! you have to cut some metal away to the sides of the headlights and pipework runs either side. very short and very direct
What he said