leemh

What power gains or tourqe gains would i see with

cams
fmic
walbro
0.9bar boost

car is standad at mo boosting 0.7 bar with full powerflow exhaust,filter

also is it possible to have an external wastegate on the standad turbo set up

and if i went for stage 1 turbo technics maybe stage 2 hybrid turbo..what possiblitys have i got with that?

cheers in advance.:-D

Animaldaz

No need for cams at your stage of the game plus you really need the head ported to make the most of them. Allen made 460bhp on standard head and cams with supporting mods obviously.
You cant run an external gate on the oe set-up and why would you want to? You only need them for high boost applications.
The mods you've described should see 260-280bhp but if you went a bit higher with boost you could see 300bhp+ But if you still have the standard clutch then start saving for a new one.

leemh

was thinking bout new clutch perhaps excedy one if possible

so what would it be as it is now with just full system and air filter???

Animaldaz

Yes you could, i would fit a walbro though and also have the fueling checked that way you will know how she is running.
Clutches can go on standard boost just depends how it been driven so even a slight increase in boost may be enough to see it off.
I would fit a helix over an Excedy.

You probably be around 240bhp atm

leemh

i guessed 240-250 atm so thats good

what sort of power would i be seeing with 0.9bar and good set up?

Animaldaz

A bit more then what you've got probably 260-270bhp. Thing is you have to remember your engine might be slightly down on power due to wear and tear anyway, get it on the RR to see what your starting with and get your fuelling checked at the same time.

MORF114

Why 0.9 bar boost ?

I had lumpy cams in mine when i had 218kw (290bhp) on my old engine and swapped them back to std best thing i ever did, was running 14psi with uprated pump, cams, fmic and link ecu.

Engine blew after a couple of months of me owning it!! lol turning the boost up to 1.4 didnt help lol live and learn.

M

mascot

cams are fine no point wasting money when its not needed

just throw a fuel pump in there and just 1bar will give you a decent figure and still remain reliable also might wont to throw a uprated clutch onto tht list

and as for screamer pipe stop trying to be a show off there crap whats the point you dont need one and wont need one for a good while yet no point anything even below 400bhp and there hassle struggle to get on tracks with them due to noise regs

must be the most common question asked on this forum can i have one followed closly by compreshion test fixs everything wether its a nackerd cluth or run out of fuel lol

leemh said:
i guessed 240-250 atm so thats good

what sort of power would i be seeing with 0.9bar and good set up?
I made 277bhp @0.9bar with full goose exhaust, HKS Filter, Walbro pump & the standard topmount intercooler.

leemh

thats not bad dan i'd be happy with that

still learning bout these R's as i've only ever had n/a so any helps appreciated

snoon

FMIC is a must. Walbro is a must. Decent boost controller and boost to a bar will see you 280BHP mate.

M

mascot

snoon said:
FMIC is a must. Walbro is a must. Decent boost controller and boost to a bar will see you 280BHP mate.
fmic aint exactly a must mate many pepole have run 300bhp+ on a top mount grantued it helps a lot but not a must

gtir_pimp

definately get the walboro on there, forget cams, get the front mount, but if your a bit hard up for cash then get it at a later date, and get a boost controller. take it to a tuner/ rolling road then up the boost to whatever the tuner advises and he will be able to make sure fueling etc is ok