Weird De-Limiter Problem

ki_saj_ng

hey guys,

well basically when i bought my R, it was already de-limited as i had tested it on the motorway on the way home from getting it. this was exatcly 2 months today.

just drove it down to uni today (hertfordshire from nottingham) and the car would not budge past 5,500rpm, this is the limit of 112mph and i am totally confused why this has happened. could this be anything else apart from the de-limiting thing?

the only electrics on the car i have messed around with over the weeked is my headunit, just re-wired the whole thing - speakers and stuff, nothing else, i did not blow no fuses although i have notinced my interior light bulb being fused but am sure that has nothing to do with it.

anyway this has gone on long enough, any ideas on what u guys think could be the problem will be appreciated loads,

cheers dudes

saj

A

Anonymous

not that i recommend a long run in high rpm's but have you tried going over it in 4th?

geetee

Those delimiter boxes are infamous for going faulty. :(

Have a look behind ur speedo and make sure all the connections are sound, otherwise ur probably looking at shelling our for a new one.

Cheers
GeeTee

mattygti-r

LOL you go to Hertfordshire University?

oh what a lovely establishment (i just graduated from that hell hole)

:lol:

ki_saj_ng

well i have not tried it in forth, did not occur to me but i know in 1st, 2nd and 3rd it goes past this limit.

so if this de-limiting box has gone faulty all of a sudden, i must replace it? or how about getting new clocks-this will de-limit the god damn thing wont it?

and as for hertfordshire uni, a hell hole it may be but it is one of very little universities that do a course like MOTORSPORT ENGINEERING. this is the only reason why im here.

well thanks for ur replies guy but i just dont understand why the box would just go pop on me like that. how much am i looking to either get a new box or to source a new clock?

cheers

R

r5ben

ive got a delimiter prob the same mate and i cant sort mine out :cry:
im in the notts area too not seen your car about ? :roll:

geetee

New clocks won't delimit it.

Interesting to know you can go over 112mph in 1st and 2nd gear :lol:

ki_saj_ng

yes mate, 1st gear just reaches 112, its cos mine is super chipped init :lol:

ur in mansfield, well i live in the aspley area of notts, H252 XWR, iv not had mine too long plus im always down here at uni, only come back for the weekends but sometimes not even that. do you go down circuit on sundays and what colour is yours, mines black.

R

r5ben

your car must be really fast mate :roll: becouse it takes mine till 3rd gear to hit the 112kmp limiters
i do go out and about to see what i can hammer now and again :wink: mine is black too but so are 90%of them :wink: :D mine has black wheels

ki_saj_ng

i try to go down everytime i can but its just that i have a 9 o'clock start on monday morn and i have to travel back to uni on sunday night, i do it occasionally but not often enough, seems a bit of a waste-having a pulsar but never on the circuit-damn.

well me thinks we should go down together one time and show the boys some fast cars.

what setup have u got and what are you running? wanna get all the infos before i race ya just incase u embarrass me :roll:

R

r5ben

cool mate ill have a run down with ya and i hope your car is as fast as it sound :wink:
ill just show you how fast it is 8)

ki_saj_ng

cool, well i see ur goal is 300bhp, well mine is 290bhp done by SE. so lets see how it turns out. just let me know when u wanna head down n ill be there, to race another pulsar, il bunk off uni :wink: