Website running slow

pete-r

Why does the website keep running slow?I thought this is why there was paid membership??Its really not encouraging me to part with £20 :roll:

A

AJ4

the website is slow because the server that it is hosted on is running slow ( its out of our control unfortunately ).

the new site has a much faster server.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pete-r said:
Why does the website keep running slow?I thought this is why there was paid membership??Its really not encouraging me to part with £20 :roll:
As far as I can remember the paid membership was brought in because some members shouted about it for long enough, the idea being that we could lock all the newbies up in a cold corner so they wouldn't dare ask long term members "which oil" or "Is 1bar safe" or "which FCD" ect. :?
The forum itself wasn't realy an issue, but one of the benefits of paid membership is that due to the money raised we are able to afford new software and a new server, this should make access alot quicker and more reliable.
Won't it be ironic that those who won't pay will benefit from the membership fees as well. :wink:

(typed while speedy pants above was posting :p )

GTIR-LOZ

all i have seen from my 20 pounds is a new section to read, i did not even get my membership card\sticker :evil: :(

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
As far as I can remember the paid membership was brought in because some members shouted about it for long enough, the idea being that we could lock all the newbies up in a cold corner so they wouldn't dare ask long term members "which oil" or "Is 1bar safe" or "which FCD" ect. :?
most of which could be solved with a few well placed stickies! :p

Dooie Pop Pop

cos im bored :oops: im on lates im not tired...bored

gonna go play some UT2004 online and shoot someone in the face with a big gun! :D :D :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
Fast Guy said:
most of which could be solved with a few well placed stickies! :p
Who needs stickies?

There's FAQs for newbies
http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewforum.php?f=56

and tuning FAQs
http://www.forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=49

Most stuff should be in those :)