Water Leaking?

billy187

After giving the car a good run today noticed after abit that it started overheating so checked under the bonnet and all the coolant had disapeared, refilled the radiator several times to just find it leaked out underneath straightaway, left a huge puddle. Is my radiator knackered then or could it be something else?

thanx
billy

Last edited:

billy187

another thing i noticed was that at the same time the back window steamed up alot and so couldnt see anything threw it......quite worried at the minute as after phoning a few places have been told it may be the headgasket or even head at worst

did try have a look today under the car and there is quite a large pipe similar to the intercooler pipes (might be that) further back than the turbo which seems to be the one where all the water justs pours out from after putting it into the radiator....

geoff pine

where are you based as there may be some one of here that will come and take a look it does sound like a hose or your rad has gone .You may have done your head gasket as a result of running with out water .

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Imran187 said:
refilled the radiator several times to just find it leaked out underneath straightaway, left a huge puddle. Is my radiator knackered then or could it be something else?

thanx
billy

You tell us, you can see where it's coming from.

If it's the radiator. it'll obviously be dripping from the bottom of that area. If one of the rad hoses have gone it could be similar.
If it's the water pump, then the puddle should be under the pulley area.
It if's one of the rear water hoses the leak could be anywhere level with the back of the engine.

billy187

not had a chance to get the car up on ramps properly yet but im hoping its just one of the hoses and im in manchester, just 5 minutes from the city centre...

the radiator takes around just under a litre of water and then its after that point that it just starts pouring out....

Braveheart

Sounds like it's your bottom radiator hose or the rad itself.
You should not need rams to see that.
As mentioned, if you ran it dry then other damage could have occured.