water cooling on the turbo

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Can be done but i would highly recommend that you use the water cooling...

Rishi

creedy

but surly the oil can cool it enough? just thinking about keeping the water as cold as poss.

MarkTurbo

I'm sure i'd read that Lou Rob has done this :?:

I'd leave it alone personally, its not as if R's suffer badly from overheating problems or anything :wink:

creedy

ok then i'll leave it. will be back on the road tomorow mark 8)
you going to be out for a play?

O

Odin

creedy said:
has anyone disconnected this?
blocked of the inlet pipe and outlet pipe?
You should leave it connected as the oil can cook if it gets to hot, Which will mean a burnt oil build up in the turbo, Its OK if your going to change the oil a lot. But I can't really see any advantage in doing this I've also just read a good book on turbo charging an they advised against this very mod :wink: .

Rob

MarkTurbo

creedy said:
About time :lol: I'll be in the pub again tomorrow night :oops: (where i've been tonight watching Arsenal go past those spanish losers
)

I'm doing a few things to my car at the moment :wink: Might be about at the weekend though.

Nigell_d6

Hi,

it also assists in warming the system/engine up from cold start, along with all the other comments,

Regards

Nigel

creedy

MarkTurbo said:
creedy said:
About time :lol: I'll be in the pub again tomorrow night :oops: (where i've been tonight watching Arsenal go past those spanish losers
)

I'm doing a few things to my car at the moment :wink: Might be about at the weekend though.
ok mate, wont be about tonite now didnt finish work till late :?
will be about friday tho.

MarkTurbo

creedy said:
ok mate, wont be about tonite now didnt finish work till late :?
will be about friday tho.
I'll be in the pub Friday and Saturday night :oops: What you upto during the day on Saturday :?: I might be up your way dropping nitros gtir's engine out to do his gearbox :wink:

creedy

i will be in taunton during the day, but wont be all day.
what time you going there? i will pop around.