Wanted : Droplinks

Trondelond

I checked with the local nissan dealer here, and the droplinks are a cool £40. Per corner.

Figured I'd try japparts, but they only ship to UK mainland. Any other places or people that might have what I'm looking for?

O

Odin

Trondelond said:
I checked with the local nissan dealer here, and the droplinks are a cool £40. Per corner.

Robbing b@stards :shock: :evil: , They are only about £16 from a UK Nissan dealer.

Rob

Jonesy

Some nice person could buy them from jap parts or nissan in the uk and ship them to you probably be cheaper. I would but havnt really got the time just now
Sorry

Trondelond

Robbing b@stards :shock: :evil: , They are only about £16 from a UK Nissan dealer.
Agreed. Just the OE springs are roughly £150. Again - per corner. I actually had to ask him why the hell the prices were so different, and he was aware of the problem. He figured they were set because Nissan have figured "they'll pay it".

BTW - check the other droplink/swaybar - thread please! :-D

Some nice person could buy them from jap parts or nissan in the uk and ship them to you probably be cheaper. I would but havnt really got the time just now
Sorry
That's an option, yes. I could forward the money to whoever could be bothered, and throw in.. what.. £10 for the effort? I see they're £14 at japparts, so I'd just get them for the whole car then.

gunmetalgtir

Trondelond said:
Agreed. Just the OE springs are roughly £150. Again - per corner. I actually had to ask him why the hell the prices were so different, and he was aware of the problem. He figured they were set because Nissan have figured "they'll pay it".

BTW - check the other droplink/swaybar - thread please! :-D

That's an option, yes. I could forward the money to whoever could be bothered, and throw in.. what.. £10 for the effort? I see they're £14 at japparts, so I'd just get them for the whole car then.
I'd gladly do it if you throw in a hot Norweigan lady for my troubles! :-D

Trondelond

gunmetalgtir said:
I'd gladly do it if you throw in a hot Norweigan lady for my troubles! :-D
I have some single friends, so that can be arranged. If you could specify the spec you'd like, I can arrange for you to come pick her up here. 8)

bopper

i just got some from importcarparts.co.uk as they where cheaper than nissan i got the front and rears and they throw in uprated bushes

Trondelond

bopper said:
i just got some from importcarparts.co.uk as they where cheaper than nissan i got the front and rears and they throw in uprated bushes
Thanks! :D Hope they ship to Norway. And what the heck am I going to do with the superflex bushes I just ordered... :doh:

bopper

just work out how much shipping to norway is on top, pay someone on here via paypal and get them to order them for you.

Trondelond

In case anyone else wonders; I sent an email to them asking about the "uprated droplinks", and this is what I got back;

HELLO

THE DROPLINKS WE CAN GET HOLD OFF ARE STANDARD PARTS, WE DOND DO THESE IN
ANY
(seriously, that's the reply!)

Aaand, the uprated ones are no longer listed on their webshop. Yay.

Trondelond

The pictures of them were completely different from the OE ones, but I don't know. I've order a complete set of the superflex bushes for them anyway, so OE it is for me then!

antgtir

The OE drop links are fine mate, your not going to stretch them and thats the only reason you would uprate them. Its the bushes as you already obviously know that are the uprated parts required.

By the looks of that email you recieved from those guys i personally wouldn't do business with them, they cant even take the time to spell check, very un professional.

Ant.

Trondelond

Yep, I thought they were made of some magical alloy or something, but now I can make my own uprated ones as soon as the bushes arrive. 8)

I did get some new ones for the front though -> clicky

And I agree on the spelling bit. Slightly unimpressive.

Last edited:

antgtir

I was going to say that when i replaced mine i did so with aftermarket drop links rather than OE. To be honest they are as good as the OE. I just did what you are about to do and replaced the OE rubber with uprated poly versions.

I did exactly the same on the rears to. Whiteline bushes branded for the front will for the record fit the rears to ;)

good luck with the fitment etc.

Ant.

vss irvine

if you contact any D2 COILOVER DEALER, they supply rosejointed rear droplinks for the gtir, (around £40)however you will need to modify them to fit the standard struts. im sure whiteline also sell universal rosejointed droplinks, you would just need to work out the length required.