Video from drag racing at the Weekend.

Dragmera

Here's a little video clip that I managed to find against a Subaru WRX from the weekend.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Iqy/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

Notice how the car has literally no traction through 1st & 2nd gear, but when it hits 3rd...GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I am not aware of the time yet, as they have yet to appear on the Crail Raceway website, but probably a mid 12 second pass @ 123+ mph.

I really need bigger tires & proper suspension for the front now as the front exit exhaust now means no lag and full boost instantly as soon as the go pedal is pushed!!!

I

Iqy

Hey folks, I was the driver of the UK TURBO 2000 in the footage.

Was very impressed with the micra, such a quick little thing!! I knew i was in for trouble when i saw the massive intercooler strapped to the front! :doh:

""Thats a not very happy Poobaru driver... :lol:""

Was all good fun but yes was a little taking back by a micra with a 1.0L badge on the back roasting a fine Example of a SUBARU Classic!! (Not to sure about the name Poobaru mind :der:)

......I will get you next time Gadget, next time!!!!:lol:

antgtir

Good stuff, just shows you what a load of weight saving can do:twisted: at least Iqv can laugh about it;-)

Ant.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Iqy said:
Hey folks, I was the driver of the UK TURBO 2000 in the footage.

Was very impressed with the micra, such a quick little thing!! I knew i was in for trouble when i saw the massive intercooler strapped to the front! :doh:

""Thats a not very happy Poobaru driver... :lol:""

Was all good fun but yes was a little taking back by a micra with a 1.0L badge on the back roasting a fine Example of a SUBARU Classic!! (Not to sure about the name Poobaru mind :der:)

......I will get you next time Gadget, next time!!!!:lol:
:thumbsup: its good when even the loser gives credit

good on you ;-)

GTiR_Mic

Well done dave, will need to get down and see the car running. Will even try and give you a go in the R ;)

Once you get those tyres sorted im sure you will be ok.

Well I think Poobaru is a fitting name for the car

Or 1 picture can tell a thousand words ;)

Mic