'Velocity Stack' for the Air Intake Filter????

B

beast14

anyone ever hear about this..........it's supposed to increase air flow......

my goal is to relocate my filter to behind the headlight or front left bumper, so my mechanic advised that i get a 'velocity stack' to attach to the air filter.........

any idea how this is set up??.........any pics???

Dan_GTiR

beast14 said:
any idea how this is set up??.........any pics???
Done this to mine a while back, it's kind of a velocity stack, I machined it from solid aluminium.

Hope this helps

Dan. :)

N

Norfy

ive done this aswell, but on the cheap.

wish i had some pics to show u (might have to get round to that sometime :) )

i put the battery in the boot, moved the air filter forward so that it sits closer to the headlamp.
made a custom filter-turbo pipe out of some old silicone hose and stainless piping.
then i gotta sheet of stainless and cut it so that it fits on the side of the chassis (i think thats right, goes from the headlamp outer egde to the strut). is sort of a rectangular shape that creates its own box when the bonnet is closed. and i cut a hole out so the mass airflow could poke thru.
for getting air in, ive created a inlet duct out of my indicator (which gives me alot more air than i need, and its direct onto the filter)., which im hoping to reproduce when i can get a mold made up.
finally, i opened up the left bonnet vent. this allows air to be `vacuumed out of the box aswell.

if i can get any pics on, will post them. has made a difference in te performance aswell as the induction sound.

norfy.

B

beast14

excellent!!.....thanks bro.

does it make a difference in performance??

nismoboy

beast14 said:
excellent!!.....thanks bro.

does it make a difference in performance??
no! the short inlet pipe is a good mod but inclosing the induction kit doesnt work ive tried this and it feels flat at the top of the revs.