Valve clearance's

J

Jonno

I know there is alot of stuff listed on valve clearance adjustments but I have noticed that nobody I could see have stated whether we need a special tool to remove the valve forks, I had the rocker cover off the other week and have to be honest I thought that the shim buckets would have been more visible than they actually are :shock: could anyone possibly tell me whether there is a tool that I could purchase or is it a special tool which I can only purchase from a nissan dealership :roll:
Has anybody actually adjusted them b4 and what were they like to do :?:
cheers
:?

P

paulrandy

The shims sit directly on top of the valve stems, no special tools needed, just remove the camshafts and lift the rockers over to one side, they're only held on by a spring. Easy to do, just takes hours and it's a lot of messing around. And expence if you need to buy new shims!

J

Jonno

Oh ok that's great, they definetly need to do them especially on and around cylinder 4, it's starting to bug me now mainly when it is hot :!:
The only reason I was querying about a special tool was that I was hoping not to have to remove the cams but never mind as it has to be done, cheers for the info' paul, you sound as though you have adjusted them on more than one occasion :lol: