vacuum pipe cap

nimhbk

is the little vacuum pipe next to the oil breather on the air intake pipe of much use or can i cap this off. at the mo i have it leading into the in on my solenoid and looking at pics here, most of you guys have plenium going into the in...

nimhbk

well blocked it,and put the actuator line into the in and the out to solenoid,might have been vice versa and wham bang the little sbc dc seems to now work at a gain of 40% im getting 0.97 dead happy, only taken me three months to sort out

nimhbk

a blitz boost controller would stay clear thou, every shop i phoned to help fit it, said there c-ap, and that i should of got hks.

youngsyp

Cap it off and run the SBC in, from the plenum, as you've said. This way, the SBC will get as good a reading as any, as to how much positive and negative pressure, the engine is seeing.

Oh, and if you still have the breather connected to your intake pipe, remove that as well and put a mini filter on the end, then clean as much of the intake track (from MAF to plenum) with petrol). By having the breather output into the intake pipe, you'll be coating your entire intake track with oil mist. This will disrupt air flow and worse still, dilute you fuel mixture, robbing it of octane.
If you do this, I guaruntee your car will feel more responsive !