URGENT help please

G

GTiRich

Hi guys. After six months of waiting my engine has finally been stripped to be re-built. However the clutch is on its way out. I KNOW IT@S BEEN ASKED A MILLION TIMES BEFORE BUT.... what clutch should i get to replace it??? It needs to be able to handle 1 bar. I have heard bad things about organic clutches. Also do you know where i can get one cheap? I have very little cash at the mo due to a holiday in Florida next month and having to buy a new suit this week :cry: I need it quite quickly aswell so they can put the engine back together ASAP. Cheers for ya help guys and gals,
Rich

S

Sirnixalot

whats so bad about organics?

On mild cars there is no real need for a big clutch. Your power goals after the rebuild will decide your clutch.

The are a sacrificial element on big power cars with weak gearboxes. I would rather replace a clutch than a gearbox.

G

GTiRich

Hi mate. I've heard they have a tendency to stick together after sitting in traffic :? My goal is just to keep it at 1 bar maybe 1.2 bar after the re-build. nothing too major as i'm happy enough with that power at the mo

G

GTiRich

Right i got it narrowed down to a Helix organic for £245 or a Helix cerametallic paddle clutch for £275. Whats the best guys??

Shaun

8) I've just recieved my Helix Organic Clutch Kit 8) Its rated at 309lbs/ft of torque,i am also running 14psi on low setting and 1.18bar on high running 328bhp and 283lb/ft of torque,so the Helix is plenty adiquate 8) Why pay for a higher rated clutch,if your not going to use all that torque that the clutch is capable of handeling :?: A couple of people i know who are running AP Organics rated at 284lb/ft are running alot more torque with no problems :wink: So with the Helix being rated higher,i would have thought that would be the better choice :wink:

Hope this helps :D

G

GTiRich

I have just actually bothered to do a search and everything i read seemed to say the organic is better than the paddle so i may well go for that one 8)

hmmm

Where did you find the Helix Organic for £245? :shock:

I will be buying one soon and was about to order it from Rallynuts who do it for £300 inc vat and delivery.

G

GTiRich

£200 inc VAT and delivery. Are you sure??? It's £245 from rally nuts plus VAT and Delivery :lol:

hmmm

Sorry mate... typo :oops:

Was meant to read £300 inc vat and delivery

A quick edit and nobody will realise ¬_¬

G

GTiRich

Thats what i thought. Was worried i was gonna be ripped off there. Do you know if i order it first thing if they can get it to me by saturday???

G

GTiRich

Yeah i will do methinks. If they cant i might have to find out where they are and go pick it up