uprated water radiator..where from??

S

str_motorsport

hi, i remember of a guy who has bought an uprated radiator from USA, but i can't remeber the company's name and the web site.
i remeber they had several types of radiators, from standard to copper to full aluminium one...
i am looking for a new one, because after fitting my evo8 front mount, i noticed that my fans are working more than they did before, so an uprated core will help with cooling the engine....
can someone help me?
thanks

S

str_motorsport

thanks mate...this is what6 i was looking for!!thanks

00sid

has anyone got a rad from them as i have spoke to them on the phone, they say they will ship world wide but when i have e-mailed them with what i need they never reply.?

O

Odin

Yep I got mine from them, I found there service to be very good and I got a quick reply from all my email's :wink: .

Took about 10-12 day's for my 53mm alloy rad and new fan to arrive.

rob

O

Odin

str_motorsport said:
did you notice a difference in cooling?

Sorry matey my car's still off the road so I don't know, But I would hope so seeing as it 3 time's as thick :wink: .

rob

J

Jerk_Racer

Hmmm, very nice. :D Nice radiator at a nice price. I know that would be helpful for the 6 months a year that the temperature is consistantly about 30 degrees. Hey, I'm not about to yank out my A/C quite yet just to get some better airflow. :wink: Does anybody here know if there are any clearance issues after fitting the 53mm core?

A

Allan GTI-R

you could always try these guys if you want.

www.pwr.com.au

they do awesome work, they even have an intercooler for the GTI-R that you don't need to cut into the front bumper to fit :)

O

Odin

Jerk_Racer said:
Hmmm, very nice. :D Nice radiator at a nice price. I know that would be helpful for the 6 months a year that the temperature is consistantly about 30 degrees. Hey, I'm not about to yank out my A/C quite yet just to get some better airflow. :wink: Does anybody here know if there are any clearance issues after fitting the 53mm core?
It goes right in with the standard turbo, one of the fans may be a bit tight though, And why would you need to loose your aircon, Just move the aircon rad forward if it's in the way, Or better still just get the rad that is twice as thick as the standard core and not 3 time's :wink: .

rob

P

pimppulsar

not sure how much the others are but spec-r does one for about £350!

O

Odin

pimppulsar said:
not sure how much the others are but spec-r does one for about £350!
Well absolute rad's do them for:

$325 for the 53mm alloy rad

$315 for the 52mm alloy rad

$119 for the cooper rad that is twice as thick as the standard one :wink: .

This last one is about £100 delivered plus uk tax if you have to pay it.

rob

J

Jerk_Racer

vpulsar - Thanks for the response. I just have not seen this unit in place in a Pulsar so I was not aware in which direction the extra width was going to go. Trimming some plastic off of the fan isn't an issue. I just didn't want to lose a fan to gain more radiator. Plus, with the A/C core gone the radiator gets all that fresh airflow that the A/C has been denying it all this time. With it gone in my FC RX-7 it made a big difference. But that was back in Seattle where A/C isn't really needed in Summer for more than a week or two.

O

Odin

I have the big 53mm fitted to mine but I bought a slimmer 14"fan to go with it, You wouldn't have a problem with the cooper one I think :wink: .

The extra width goes both way's if you know what I mean :wink:

rob