uprated rods

P

pearl 476.5bhp

im thinking of buying stronger rods,,but i dont know what size hks pistons i have(think 87mm)any advice welcome..i want to buy the best rods available
cant tell the missus or ill be thrown out

M

micra man

whats the plan now cos the headgaskets not gone you still going for rods and the 550hp conver;-) sion

EVOBAD

eagle rods alot of people are using at the moment as ther cheap u can also hav crower ther alot mor to buy,those strd rods hav done well mate are u useing arp bolts with them

O

Odin

I have PAR rods for my engine build, And I've tried them on my new HKS pistons and they fit a treat, Unlike my old CP pistons which would of needed machining to fit the PAR rods, Because they hit the under side of the crown before the wrist pin lined up properly.

PAR rods are supposed to be rated to a 1000 bhp so should do the job on your bucket OK lol.

Rob

M

micra man

i think he was thinking of the crower or eagle rods not sure he thought the engine was bo***xd but its not not sure if hes going to step it up over 500bp mark.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Pearl: I've replied to that PM..

Forget about the overpriced Under-PAR or Below-PAR Rods..

Crower, Pankl, Carrillo or Eagle are the way to go...

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Forget about the overpriced Under-PAR or Below-PAR Rods..

Come on Rishi show us some proper evidence of just why these PAR rods are rubbish then ?, I've read only one comment about one person having problems fitting them, Do you know the in's and out's of this case ?.

The only facts I have to hand is the 600 + bhp scoobie running with PAR rods because he wanted the best, And the fact that Agra told me that my PAR rods looked really well made and well up to the job with a very good fit and finish.

If I had kept the cheap CP piston's I had in the first place then I'd of had to have ether the pistons or rods machined, To get them work together OK.

Maybe this was the case with the person that had problems with them, All I know is that they fit lovely with the better quality HKS pistons ;-) .

Try dealing in facts and not here say for once please.

Rob

M

micra man

jasus relax boys:shock: . i know the pearl has hks 87mm pistons hes told me hes going eagle or crower rods the eagle are suppossed to be cheap 350 poun is that right? how much are the par ones rob?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Odin said:
Come on Rishi show us some proper evidence of just why these PAR rods are rubbish then ?, I've read only one comment about one person having problems fitting them, Do you know the in's and out's of this case ?.

The only facts I have to hand is the 600 + bhp scoobie running with PAR rods because he wanted the best, And the fact that Agra told me that my PAR rods looked really well made and well up to the job with a very good fit and finish.

If I had kept the cheap CP piston's I had in the first place then I'd of had to have ether the pistons or rods machined, To get them work together OK.

Maybe this was the case with the person that had problems with them, All I know is that they fit lovely with the better quality HKS pistons ;-) .

Try dealing in facts and not here say for once please.

Rob

Bitting again! :lol:

You're so easy to wind up these days! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Must be that time of the month! :lol:

Rishi

Keira

eagle are cheap because they are at the lower end of quality of aftermarket rods, they do the job but personally i'd stick with the gtir rods you have in there with some decent rod bolts as opposed to using eagles.

spending money and changing rods wont make anymore power.

if you have arps in there already just stick a bigger turbo on and get on with it.

P

pearl 476.5bhp

diesel weasel said:
eagle are cheap because they are at the lower end of quality of aftermarket rods, they do the job but personally i'd stick with the gtir rods you have in there with some decent rod bolts as opposed to using eagles.

spending money and changing rods wont make anymore power.

if you have arps in there already just stick a bigger turbo on and get on with it.
i know changing rods wont give you more power ,but it will make it extra safe,if im going to strtip the car down to fit arp bolts,id rather change the rods instead...

Keira

its your money mate..but seeing as all the uks quickest gtirs so far have been on standard rods and not one of them has ever snapped or bent, i personally wouldn't bother unless building an all out silly power car and intend to run very high revs.

P

pearl 476.5bhp

true,but it still has standard rod bolts,and its runnin over 470bhp for 14 months,trouble free..guess its the luck of the irish8) 8)

Keira

aslong as you keep the revs sensible you wouldn't have any issues tbh.

The only downside being on a big turbo and the right cams you would keep making power with more revs so by keeping the standard rod bolts you'd be limiting how far you could push the horsies.

just out of interest have you ever seen the size of a standard gtir rod ?

P

pearl 476.5bhp

diesel weasel said:
aslong as you keep the revs sensible you wouldn't have any issues tbh.

The only downside being on a big turbo and the right cams you would keep making power with more revs so by keeping the standard rod bolts you'd be limiting how far you could push the horsies.

just out of interest have you ever seen the size of a standard gtir rod ?
ya i seen fazz's when his car was gettin rebuilt.might put in the arp bolts and drive on..476bhp will do me

M

micra man

dont be a pussy and get the rods with a little bit more to do the job8)
otherwise put a proper clutch in it and big brakes carbon bonnet , and carbon seats leave the engine be for the tme being:thumbsup:

P

pearl 476.5bhp

micra man said:
rps clutch with hiteq pivot what about big brakes?
will sort brakes first.why fix clutch if it aint broke donkey