uprated cams

Lamb

I have some Tomei cams and pulleys.....done about 250 miles so as new - £350....... (cost me over £500)

GTIR-LOZ

am using the standard ones i thought it would be too hard to run the engine in and cams at the same time as they need different ways of bedding them in the standards seem fine at the mo

im not too bad thanks mate, hows you? whats the hold up with this engine then lol

smoked

good to hear, im well too cheers! the head has been away getting ported for about 2-3 months now, the guy is a proper old school fella hes about 65 so i didnt want to mider him, but im struggling to get hold of him now!!! hope he hasnt popped his cloggs!!

yeh i thought about leaving the standards in as they where in good nick when i took them out, but you know what its like when your building a good spec engine you do get carried away!!

GTIR-LOZ

the one thing i wished i had done when building my engine would be to fit darton liners or similar as they are quite cheap and it makes that bottom end rock solid for over 550hp if you desire, if you are having all the head work done then you would be silly not to have cams i guess, another tip make sure you get big enough injectors i have just started to max out the 700cc i have got and i wish i had got 800 now

Lamb

For an extra £50 i will supply the springs too......i will get it all removed from the head once sold.

Ta

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Regarding the Tomei Cams.. The old ones run a 11.8mm lift and can get away with the Tomei Springs.. The new ones run between 12 and 12.5mm lift depending on the cam although Tomei only supply the correct spring for the 200SX SR20.. Not sure how much difference there is..

I ended up needing some custom springs, seats, caps, with some special head work to get them to fit.. But that was for the 280deg, 12.5mm setup..