Upgrades On my R

A

Anonymous

Hi there thinking about getting forged pistons for my GTiR, the car is standard right now with only a 3" exhast system and K&N air filter i have an adjustable boost controller which i really need to get rid of (running at the moment at 14psi). I am wanting to know what else i should be getting if im thinking of getting the forged pistons, and really just wanting to get more horse power outta the car and want to try keep it reliable at the same time. All suggestion welcome.
Thanks

skiddusmarkus

No point going straight in for forged pistons when you don't need to.Determine how much power you want and for from there.The standard engine will be good for up to around 330bhp though it will take more at the cost of longevity.

Spend the money on getting a good turbo elbow made and your car mapped.Is the boost controller electronic?If so keep it,if not get one as they control boost better and can help with spoolup.

You;ll probably want to upgrade your brakes,clutch and suspension afterwards as the standard items aren't up to increases in power.

A

Anonymous

I want the forged pistons for more boosti just want everything else to be reliable for the boost increase. I do have a bit of money to spend so really just need some idea on what to get. How much will the standard turbo put out with the basic mods to the engine? also i do have a heavy duty clutch and will need to get some good breaks and will need to look at getting suspension

Keira

imho it is pointless re-building the sr20det and then re-fitting the standard turbo.

the standard engine will just about take whatever the t28 can throw at it aslong as everything is set up properly and nice and cool, you will see very little, if any real difference by fitting forged pistons and running the standard t28 at say 1.4bar than you would over a well set up standard internalled engine..

like skiddus says, do brakes, suspension and bolt ons, then go ecu, bigger turbo and rebuild.

A

Anonymous

OK then so if i was to upgrade the turbo do you guys recommend anything if so can i have a link or info on the turbo thanks

A

Anonymous

GTiR-SR20DET said:
OK then so if i was to upgrade the turbo do you guys recommend anything if so can i have a link or info on the turbo thanks
probably the best option would be to get the T28 modded with roller bearings :wink: until you decide what kind of power output and spec you really want :D

any of the turbo experts down your way will be able to carry out the mod or i think you might be able to get some info from www.norrisdesigns.com

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
GTiR-SR20DET said:
All suggestion welcome.
Do a search :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this a joke post or what? If you want more horsepower and your car's practically standard, why start looking at pistons????

A

Anonymous

Well the main reason i wanted forged piston is cause i cant get 1 set of my mates mate for supercheap and that was that, then i was thinking of upgrade most of the standard parts on the car since i have some money :D Just really wanting heaps of HP and trying to keep is reliable at the same time k. So now i am looking to get another turbo that can give 400+hp and will also go from there larger fuel pump etc