unichip

nismoboy

my cars just been rebuilt and previous to this i had a unichip fitted and it was mapped for 1 bar of boost.will i need to disconnect the unichip when running my new engine in as im going to run it in on standard boost. if i dont disconnect the unichip will it over fuel etc.??? please help

ps also does can anyone reccomend a good unichip tuner who can set my car up again when run in,as the last tuner who i used blew my engine!! :evil:

cheers niss.

J

jasegould

Why dont you just drive it off boost while running in... :?: Even at standard boost you'll have to take it easy while running in.

zia

you,re talking at least 5000-10k to run in the engine before you can use 80% of the engine power,would be better to run standard map/ecu because too much temptation to rag it.plus you don,t know how aggressively they mapped it?

zia

turblio

you can normally return to your standard ecu it should still be in place
ask interpro they will know
Frank

zia

minium running in mileage "recommend" is 5k. any tuner will tell you not use full boost until piston are fully bedded in.i,ve heard chrome piston rings are hardar and take longer to bed in the others. thats only according to what i,ve read and seen.

zia

E

Edd

Well hiteq have told me 1500 to run it in, although not sure how much power i can run after that.
I know stu rawlinson has only done abut 2-3k on his 2.2 and he's getting it mapped soon for big power.
5-10k sounds a VERY long time.

ashills

lol
my engine builder said run standard boost etc for 500 miles and dont take it to easy as teh bores will glaze

S

stuart rawlinson

If you plug out the unichip and plug in your ECU the maps will still be there
But am i right in thinking the Unichip will just reset it self to 00000000
if its taken out so will have to be remapped

Stu.

A

Anonymous

how about ripping battery out?I had the fcon on mine and when car was poorly I just unplugged it

skiddusmarkus

I think only tuners can do that as you need the software and a rolling road to do it.
Try Powerstation in Cheltenham or John Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield.