Unichip Controller

SickBoy

Hi guys

wot is a unichip controller with dual map ???

Is it a piggy back ecu or summit different

Thanks Lee

A

Anonymous

I believe my Unichip can support two maps

Its a piggy back ecu, so you retain all the advantages of the oem ecu (cold start etc), coupled with teh flexibilty of custom mapping.

The unichip can do almost anything £2k management can do, including traction/launch control, antilag as well as water injection/n20 control.

No one in the UK seems to have fiddled much with it, apart form the usual fuel/iggy timing. In Australia or New Zealans where they are made, they are getting some amazing results.

G

gtir_94

I have a unichip. www.airpowersystems.com.au will tell u all about them,

My mods are; 3in full exhaust, air-pod, unichip, fmic. With the unichip tuned, I got 180kw [260hp] at the wheels, [before the unichip I had 134kw atw or 190hp] now I have much better fuel consumption, better acceleration and other benefits.

The unichip comes with its own boost controller which the tuner sets the boost throughout the whole rev-range, so with further mods I can tune the air/fuel/boost safely.

With my new turbo, dumppipe and tubular manifold, and Bosch fuel pump and a re-tune I should be looking at about 220kw [just over 300hp] at the wheels. Not too bad for a piggy back.

While your at the unichip site, have a look at the new Ford XR6 turbo ute they have using unichip, doing low-11's, n the tuners aint finished yet.