Understeering

A

Anonymous

Many R's that i know of are know to understeer, I remember reading a article from the net that went on about some guy having this same problem with his gtir, he got new spring/suspension/struts the works, but still he was getting understeer. Anyways getting to what i need information about (if anyone knows) is he found that there were some standard bolts/pins (cant remember exactly) that he changed and it stopped understeering. Anyone know any more about this or know the exactly thing im talking about please help.

S

samellio

I'd go for whiteline handling kit.. set the back roll bar to the stiffest setting and you should have plenty of 'lift off' oversteer :wink:
You can also get the whiteline rear wheel alignment lock kit which is basically 4 big washer type things that go between the chassis and sub frame(very cheap and can be set for the car to oversteer)..
If you want to get more front end grip you should try to get the back of the car 'stiffer' than the front. Also run -3 degrees camber on the front wheels and about -1.5 degrees on the back..
Like most cars the sunny is set up to underseer from the factory for safety reasons but can be set for big sideways fun without spending too much money :D
Sam

J

jiw

thats interesting, since i fitted my ohlins struts i seem to have lost the understeer i had with the standard struts, could this be because of the struts having slightly different hole positions on them?

O

Olly

less tyre pressure at the front, set track to parrallel, Set up rear track to 10mins in (5 mins equal adjustment on each rear wheel), stiffen up the gabs at the rear, and crank the NISMO strut brace right up, as My mates Kev and Tom will say that works for me as a certain Imprezza WR 1 somewhere will know, near santa pod :lol:

J

JamesB

All the above (especially bumpsteer) are solid points but I wouldnt go to the extreme of 3 deg front camber - a decent road tyre is well and truely on edge at 1.5 deg (2.5 for stickies). Too much camber is counterproductive. Have a look at whiteline's figures for the R - they've done as much R n D as anyone out there. Focus on your castor as much as anything, anti-lift kits (other than the obvious) give camber when going round corners - not scrubbing your tread on the straight.